Possible Bokeh comp entry, thoughts please.

Caporegime
The subject is female so chill guys :p

possible.jpg

Taken on Saturday evening with an 85mm 1.2 (I've now decided I need to sell some organs to afford this lens)

Anyway, thoughts? :)

Thanks,
Jake

Judges can sod off ;)

Soldato
I like the picture altho i think a lot of the focus seems to be drawn away from her face. Not enough going on to the right of the picture looks a little empty.

I find myself looking around the picture rather that looking at the desired subject hope this helps

EDIT QUICK SHOP FOR YOU TO LOOK AT HOPE YOU DON'T MIND

shop1.jpg

Just took some of the focus away from the mans head and the foreground to create more of a focus on her face,a slight crop too. Only took a minute so it's far from perfect. Was it a spur of the moment shot or was it planned

Last edited:
You needed to bang the focus on the eyes.
Its hard enough at F2.8 let alone F1.2 (I assume it is, I don't read exifs)

Problem is when shooting so narror a focus plane you gotta be good at getting reportage photos on the spur of the moment nailing that focus.

would have been better using the F1.8 as the 1.2 is simply too heavy to drive the motor fast enough for quick af lock on moving subjects.

But what would I know! :p

Caporegime
Always focus on the eyes, unless there is a reason not to.

The original pic is on the back of his head, not where the focus should be on this photo.

This is where you need to see the shot, prepare the focus points and fast AF speed is needed, the 85/1.2 is a bit slow for that personally speaking, the 1.8 focuses faster due to the size of the glass the USM needs to move around inside the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom