Adobe CS5 Content aware fill warning

So I am obviously not the only person to think of this but did skip past my concerns when all the hype was a go.

As useful as content aware fill is going to be to everyone its also going to be very useful for those nasty critters who steal medium sized jpgs from your web posts and ebay a canvas of your pride n joys. I thought it was important to note that when trying to protect an image of yours it might be worth thinking a few hours longer on how to best retain a copyright to your images. No one really likes any overlay ontop of work but we live in a digital age and digital theft is a reality.

This content aware fill is gonna make it a dam side easier for anyone looking to rip off your work so all I am saying is it consider it when uploading your work.
Of course you are never going to stop people stealing your work but you can at least make things one tiny bit harder for the pathetic sods.

I love artwork and know it can be really depressing not to sell your work if you really wanted to. To then see it ripped off on some (lets say Germans) ebay store or whatever wouldn't be very nice would it?

I know of 3 people now subject to having work stolen n sold on ebay and 4 others who's websites have been duplicated.

LOVE ART, HATE THEFT!

Wonder if anyone else shared these views?

Johnny

Man of Honour
Does it make a massive difference?
Maybe, maybe not.

The tool could make people who are put off by removal of copyrights more appealing.
I am not saying this is alert factor 5 I am mearly underling an issue that "could" arise.

I agree, just don't see it as being anymore of an issue than it already is.

Man of Honour
Yeah when someone has some first hand experience of it i'd be interested in hearing it as I don't trust adobe published videos they make it look to straight forward and it never is in photoshop!

tbs

tbs

Associate
A lot of people have moaned about my watermark even thought its not plastered over the image but to the side etc, but this is what I feel too.

Its either plaster your watermark over the entire image or just make the pictures really small, which then you would still get the whiners and complainers saying its too small for them to view on their 27" monitor, so how do you solve this problem if you want to post your images on the net?!

For the canvas print, you dont even need it to be 300dpi to get a good print, 150dpi or "even" 72dpi would do, since its printed on canvas it gives it a textured look anyway, and yes I have printed images on A2 canvas before anyone says "No you cant, it would be pixalated!!!!11!"

Associate
So I am obviously not the only person to think of this but did skip past my concerns when all the hype was a go.

As useful as content aware fill is going to be to everyone its also going to be very useful for those nasty critters who steal medium sized jpgs from your web posts and ebay a canvas of your pride n joys. I thought it was important to note that when trying to protect an image of yours it might be worth thinking a few hours longer on how to best retain a copyright to your images. No one really likes any overlay ontop of work but we live in a digital age and digital theft is a reality.

This content aware fill is gonna make it a dam side easier for anyone looking to rip off your work so all I am saying is it consider it when uploading your work.
Of course you are never going to stop people stealing your work but you can at least make things one tiny bit harder for the pathetic sods.

I love artwork and know it can be really depressing not to sell your work if you really wanted to. To then see it ripped off on some (lets say Germans) ebay store or whatever wouldn't be very nice would it?

I know of 3 people now subject to having work stolen n sold on ebay and 4 others who's websites have been duplicated.

LOVE ART, HATE THEFT!

Wonder if anyone else shared these views?

Johnny

I couldn't give a toss if someone steals my work but i would if i was trying to make money off my work, which i am not.

If anyone wants to make a few quid off my images then good luck to them, afterall i put photos on the web for all to see.

I'd sum up by saying you can't stop people stealing your work so i don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom