• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Phenom II x6 1055T (Retail) Benchmarks

Soldato
Depends which one I think. From the discussion in the other thread on this, it seems to be clock for clock equivalent to other Phenom II's.

Soldato
Yes it does, there's just an extra two cores.

I want to find out how well they overclock, which will really see how they're pitched against the higher end intel offerings. If they can manage 3.8 on air that'd be nice. 4 would be awesome.

Soldato
stock vid appears to be 1.325 from what ive seen on a couple of sites which is very good indication for overclocking. for example most 965's ship with a vid of 1.4 and my old 940 had a VID of 1.35

Soldato
i dont understand why so many people think this will be ahead of intels 6 core offering. Its a very similar architecture to deneb on the same process, but with two extra cores bolted on. Its no different from say an e6600 and a q6600. These processors will be the same clock for clock, maybe with slightly better power management (apparently the process has been tweaked to reduce leakage), and two more cores.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why are there no overclocking results up yet? The internet is slow to produce.

EDIT:

capturejjt.jpg

Apparantly this is with 2 cores disabled, but still impressive!

Last edited:
Caporegime
stock vid appears to be 1.325 from what ive seen on a couple of sites which is very good indication for overclocking. for example most 965's ship with a vid of 1.4 and my old 940 had a VID of 1.35

They're lower clocked parts though so don't require as much voltage.

Caporegime
my best mate was told by his cousin, who has a friend that was talking to some geezer in the pub, who claims he was chatting to another dude on MSN, this guy claims he heard from his sisters husband that these chips are faster than i7!

Back
Top Bottom