• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What frequency should my Q9400 be at?

Soldato
I put my new Q9400 in my pc and its running fine. It says its @ 2.14 ghz. fsb and frequency should i be running at? heres a pic of cpuid...

quadunderclocked.png

What should i set the fsb and bus speed to in the bios for stock?

Soldato
OP
Ive set my cpu frequency from 266 to 333 in the bios and now it says its at 2.66ghz... but i had to put my ram at 834.. will this be ok as its only pc2-6400.

EDIT:

Its just hung in windows this sucks! does this mean i will need new ram? what should i do? help!

Last edited:
Associate
You need the correct ratios for the ram, otherwise it will just crash your system, fsb : ram,
you don't want to be pushing your ram faster than 400(per stick) x2(dual chan) = 800

Thinking about it just set your ratio to 1:1 with 333 fsb, that should show you if it is the ram holding you back, I doubt it would be the voltage those chips eat amazing low power.

Maybe clear your mobo settings / cmos?

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLB6B
You should be running at 2.66ghz with Bus speed at 1333 / 4 = 333mhz

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Pardon my ignorance i havent overclocked in years. How do i achieve a 1:1 using my ram and current cpu? I just tryed cpu @ 333 and ram @ 500mhz but then it shows my ram as pc5300 and not pc6400... and thats a 4:3 isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom