Why work when I can get £42,000 in benefits a year AND drive a Mercedes?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16356890 said:
To be honest £42k amongst 9 people is hardly a lot of money is it?

It equates to the annual income tax of 43 people on minimum wage, i'd prefer them to get a break, often doing hard laborious work and long hours, than these leeches.

Soldato
tbh 42k in benefits is quite a lot, considering that the tax payer in general is picking up this burden.

if they have a 50 quid a month sky subscription and stuff it tells me they are FAR too well off.

They also managed to get themselves into £20k debt and were declared bankrupt 18 months ago - it's not all benefits. £42k between 9 people is not a lot and definitely doesn't account for most of their spending, if they didn't have loans or credit cards then they would have a fairly low standard of living.

Soldato
They also managed to get themselves into £20k debt and were declared bankrupt 18 months ago - it's not all benefits. £42k between 9 people is not a lot and definitely doesn't account for most of their spending, if they didn't have loans or credit cards then they would have a fairly low standard of living.

They didn't have to create those seven kids. It's pathetic.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
people arguing about what they should and shouldnt be doing are missing the point.

the welfare system should be put in place to be just that - well fair.

limit the amount of benefits you get to 2 children only, any more and you are on your own.

how we go about doing this now i have no idea.

Man of Honour
limit the amount of benefits you get to 2 children only, any more and you are on your own.

The problem is that what do you do if you did that, they completely screwed everything up and ended up living on the streets with 7 children?

Soldato

We can't and that's the problem. If we do that welfare charities will run to the European court claiming they're being discriminated against, that their fundamental human rights to have as many children as they WANT is being impeded - even if what they want and what they can AFFORD are two different things. We live in a society today which expects to be given and screams when it isn't, with leaders who capitulate immediately to public and media pressure. Yes they can cut benefits, but the parents with 4+ plus and no jobs? They'll end up on the front page as being made to beg for money by the heartless government.

No politician wants that, which is why it will never, ever happen.

Soldato

Sorry, but how do they manage to get loans etc when they dont earn an income ?

How many of their kids are going to get jobs, when their parents have proved that you dont need to go out and work. The Gov will just give you freebies all your life.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16357162 said:
The problem is that what do you do if you did that, they completely screwed everything up and ended up living on the streets with 7 children?

It would have to be done in stages with much more encouragement to go back to work - eg if they don't get a job they get nothing but if they do work then allow benefits to act as a top up so they're still getting a similar amount. It's still not fair on tax payers but even giving them a few thousand less a year would be an improvement.

EDIT: doofski, until recently it was ridiculously easy to get credit regardless of your financial situation. My mentally handicapped aunt who isn't "mature" enough to work and relies on disability benefits somehow got a credit card with something like a £2000 limit, but of course she didn't even understand what credit was and got into a mess with it :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Soldato
All you can do is be thankfull that most people will never get themselves in that kind of a situation to begin with.

doofski, until recently it was ridiculously easy to get credit regardless of your financial situation. My mentally handicapped aunt who isn't "mature" enough to work and relies on disability benefits somehow got a credit card with something like a £2000 limit, but of course she didn't even understand what credit was and got into a mess with it .
She would make a great Chancellor for either of the two main parties then :p

Izi

Izi

Soldato
We can't and that's the problem. If we do that welfare charities will run to the European court claiming they're being discriminated against, that their fundamental human rights to have as many children as they WANT is being impeded - even if what they want and what they can AFFORD are two different things. We live in a society today which expects to be given and screams when it isn't, with leaders who capitulate immediately to public and media pressure. Yes they can cut benefits, but the parents with 4+ plus and no jobs? They'll end up on the front page as being made to beg for money by the heartless government.

No politician wants that, which is why it will never, ever happen.

i know and i agree, thats why i said how we go about that i have no idea.

i just hate it, i work 18 hour days to get work done and pay a **** load of tax. the very thought people 'choose' to sit doing **** all pumping out ginger babies makes me want to vomit all over the place.

Soldato
All credit to him, he's taking what he's offered. It's not his fault we've encouraged this for decades in the UK. The only way we'll stop this happening is to fundamentally change the benefits system, but no political party is brave enough to even try. Welfare charities will be in an uproar if anyone touches it.

As you say, we need to fundamentally change the system.

As you say, No mainstream party has any balls to even attempt this.

Want to cut the deficit, start with these *******, not by adding 1% to NI contributions.
How about regaining 20% of the benefits in one foul swoop by simply introducting income tax on benefits. Can't complain as its money they are getting free anyway, simply add tax and NI to it like the rest of the working population pay.

If you can't afford to raise you own children, why the hell should the state pay for it.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16357162 said:

yeah well they shouldn't have done it in the first place. however, it would have to be from a certain point forward. I.E in 2012 this is how welfair is going to be.

families who have already decided to pump out 9 kids will continue to get their aid so they arn't out on the streets - its not the kids fault afterall that their parents are lazy bums.

it will never happen though.

Back
Top Bottom