Any non-dumbed down Olympus models left? (compact)

I used to have an Olympus C765 compact 4MP camera which allowed full control over shutter speed, aperture size, focus and ISO. I'm looking at the current line-up of Olympus compact cameras and I can't find a single one that has manual control apart from ISO. They now just have set scenes, auto mode and "P" mode (where you can adjust ISO). If someone can prove me wrong, throwing me one or two model numbers, that would be awesome. Price I'm not too fussy, and as long as it's 10MP or over, it's groovy. Cheers :)

Man of Honour
Lovely camera but not quite what I'd call compact - it has interchangable lenses and it isn't really pocket sized either. Still, lovely camera - though the GF1 is arguably technically better...

Associate
^
The GF1 and PEN are the same size. With the pancakes they are both essentially compacts and the olympus has the collapsing kit lens.

I agree the GF1 is probably technically a bit better though, but for size the pen is smaller with the kit zooms - GF1 with the pancakes fitted.

Man of Honour
I'm purely saying not compact on the grounds it's a fair bit more chunky than even a high end compact like the Canon S90. I'd take the E-p1 with the 17mm pancake myself, slower but wider lens (and I like the styling of the e-p1 more, which is rather shallow but hey)

Back
Top Bottom