Collect and deliver service

Permabanned
For just 1 parcel? Once?

No-one that I can think of, and I work for DHL (EDIT unless you go for an uber-expensive courier).

Your best bet would be to wait for postie to arrive and hand him the parcel in person if you really don't want to go to the post office yourself ...

Last edited:
Caporegime
For just 1 parcel? Once?

No-one that I can think of, and I work for DHL (EDIT unless you go for an uber-expensive courier).

Your best bet would be to wait for postie to arrive and hand him the parcel in person if you really don't want to go to the post office yourself ...

Good lord, explains a lot about my DHL deliveries.

Man of Honour
What I think Britboy is getting at, is that most of the established couriers (DHL/Citylink/Parcelforce/TNT etc) are not really interested in 1 off private shippers - they are primarily interested in business contracts.

The best way round this is to use someone like Interparcel or Parcel2go who will sub the work out to a courier.

Soldato
Lopez, I know you work for a courier company so probably know more about the state of play with couriers, as of April 2010, but 2 years ago, I went to parcelforce's website and booked in a parcel, for it to be collected and delivered. I did this 3 times and parcelforce were 100% reliable - collecting the package on exact date I specified on the website.

Basically, you make the booking online, make payment online and then print out the label. You then stick the label on the package.

On the day parcelforce arrive, they will scan the label/barcode and take the parcel away.

Note: these were 1-off parcels and I my order was not part of some bigger contract.

Back
Top Bottom