• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

water cooled 470 480 gtx?

Soldato
How about...

Standard 480

+

t9-litre-water-fire-extinguisher3.jpg

Sorry...

Associate
OP
say if i got a 5970 card and want to water cool it.i will get a waterblock for it.how do i connect the temp monitor to my mother board.does it come with a black lead as well?

Soldato
andyuk1 to answer your question. There will be separate blocks available. Also I know EVGA is releasing a ForTheWin edition of their 480 & 470 cards. Overclocked & with a water block already fitted.

Not sure if OcUK are getting these in or not

Soldato
EVGA have wattercooled Fermi's, details on their site. Also Koolance, Dangerden, Inno3D and EK all have blocks for Fermi. Just check out all their websites for details.

Its always cheaper to buy a stock card and put your own waterblock on, rather than buy a card which already has a block on.

Associate
OP
ok chaps,thanks for info.just looking and i am gonna try this set up .this card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-214-AS with a waterblock.but how do u measure the temp of the card.with my old 8800gtxwatercooled it had a lead from the card to the motherboard.will it have it on the waterblock itself.sorry but never upgraded before and want to get this right.Also is it hard to swap the fan to a block.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks razor,u got a good setup.crysis looks super.i should be able to cope now.do u need to put paste on the block as well to make the contact.or just the card.

Soldato
thanks razor,u got a good setup.crysis looks super.i should be able to cope now.do u need to put paste on the block as well to make the contact.or just the card.

Thanks andy. :)

Only put the Tim on the actual card, you dont need to apply it to the block. Once you have installed the block remove it to make sure all chips have made contact, reapply it and then your good to go. :)

Caporegime
There will be some watercooled ones available soon, after spending £400+ it's probably not a good idea to void the warranty fitting a waterblock.

Back
Top Bottom