• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

what 5870 card apart from

Associate
OP
yeah having a few probs with the vapor x i have, its really annoying me now so gonna change it, but not sure which one to get, i am not really bothered about warranty as i change nearly every year any way thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have my Asus at 980/1250 runs sweet and the noise not so bad now i have it set right around 40% fan hits high 60's, will push for 1000/1300 when i can be bothered.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gets on my nerves when I see someone pointing out punctuation no need for it at all.

Have you had a bad card mate ? the Vapour X cards are very good normally, I sent back a Powercolour 5870 PCS+ last week as it was dodgy kept crashing in 3d games, maybe send it back and try another one.

Associate
OP
well i orderded the 875/5000mhz one which is causing me no end of probs...the only thing is that its a overclocked card which i never knew so probably just get the normal vapor x 850/4800 as its the quietest and coolest card ive used ...maybe its faulty but i just want a stable card not a overclocked one.

Soldato
I originally ordered that card but annoyingly my card was taken to fill a order from another e-tailer which purchased all of there stock, really annoyed me as i wanted this card while it was cheap.

This is the only reason i went for the PC PCS card for the cooling but that ended up being duff, this Asus is great but noisy as you would expect when the stock fan kicks in.

Associate
OP
yeah see this one is real quiet...ill miss that if i get another make...running the fan at 65% is when you start to hear anything, anyway ill see what james says if they find out its really is faulty and another one should run ok ill take it...but as i said i dont buy overclocked items as no need these days. lol probably end up picking other stuff up while im there as well.

Back
Top Bottom