New i5 Crossfire build (with pics!)

Associate
Hi guys, just build my new rig today and thought I'd share it with you all!
New Parts:
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156) - OEM
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard
Asus ATI Radeon HD 5770 CuCore 1024MB x2
G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Certified Modular Power Supply
Zalman CNPS10X-Quiet CPU Cooler

Recycled Parts:
Wester Digital Black 640GB
LG DVD RW
Antec 902

Took a few hours to put together but fun all the same :)

Parts

PSU, HDD and DVD in

All installed into Mobo

All wired in

Case Closed!

Had to remove my side fan on the case to fit the cooler but no biggie. Now in the process of installing and copying over all my stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol it looks good mate...can you configure your trust? as i may be interested in buying your old gear (q6600 etc) if you want to sell it....

Associate
OP
Sorry man, I already have a buyer in the form of my dad. His pc has gone to bits so he's in desperate need!

Strange, my mouse pointer has literally tripled in size and I cant get it to go back, how odd..

Soldato
I'm looking at one of those too to replace the 'evolabs' timebomb ticking in the rig I've just ebayed :)

But the price is worryingly reasonable for a modular - is it really to be trusted? Anyone know much about it, or is it a brand new range?

Associate
OP
Thanks!

Been looking at my RAM in cpuz and I am wondering is this normal? it says 667Mhz for ram thats supposed to be running at 1600mhz? ( Therefore it should read 800mhz for dual channel?)

Associate
is there no vent in the bottom of that case? i was about to ask if the psu was upside down then realised that maybe theres no vent. shame as it seems an unecessary intake of hot air inline wwith gfx cards.

Associate
Mak3R said:
Strange, my mouse pointer has literally tripled in size and I cant get it to go back, how odd..

This happens on gigabyte boards, if you update to the latest bios(and many old ones) it stops doing it.

Associate
Had those exact graphic cards in same case and just found that they got too hot during gaming, went upto around 95 degrees I suggest you add a side fan if you can, not sure if you have fitted one atm as the picture is a bit unclear

RJC

RJC

Don
Thanks!

Been looking at my RAM in cpuz and I am wondering is this normal? it says 667Mhz for ram thats supposed to be running at 1600mhz? ( Therefore it should read 800mhz for dual channel?)

You may need to load the xmp profile in the BIOS or manually setup the multiplier and timings.

Associate
Just finished installing mine too :)

Its a pretty good piece of kit for only £60 (got mine on the offer for £52 :p) so why not?

How to evaluate a good PSU ? I used OCZ for long time, and do not have any problem with it. However , ppl said corsair is much better and my next build will be corsair just because I feel more secure. Is there any tool we can bench a PSU ?

Associate
OP
Had those exact graphic cards in same case and just found that they got too hot during gaming, went upto around 95 degrees I suggest you add a side fan if you can, not sure if you have fitted one atm as the picture is a bit unclear

Had to remove the side fan to fit the CPU cooler as its massive :(

Associate
OP
You may need to load the xmp profile in the BIOS or manually setup the multiplier and timings.

Yeah loaded some extreme memory profile (or something like that) and it appears to be working.

Something strange but may be entirely normal going on in my CCC.

When I view each GPU under ATI overdrive they show up having odd current values.
GPU CLock : 157mhz Memory Clock: 300MHZ
The second card both read 000mhz

Yet it seems to fluctuate, is it some sort of energy saving thing? The bit above where you move the sliders to increase the speeds show them as normal. Its just a tad confusing.

Back
Top Bottom