Which keyboard to buy???????

Associate
Hi there,

Need a new keyboard.. one that's good for both gaming and work (by work, i mean just typing a lot really).

Been looking at this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-180-LG

High price = quality?

or this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-090-LG

Really really cheap???

not sure why there's such a big price difference for what seems to be very similar?

Anyway, just need a few suggestions and recommendations so any thoughts most welcome!! :) thanks!!

Associate
If you typing a lot then get a Filco majestouch. I got one for my office, and then most of my colleagues decide to buy Filco too. My version is brown cherry switch.

G15 is good keyboard at the begging, however as any other membrane keyboard, after a year of using some button does not response well.

Trust me, if you work with your keyboard, and typing a lot then a mechanical keyboard is what you want.

Soldato
i got the lycosa and ive never been happier with it !
nice feel to it, keys are well lit up
nice keyboard !!

Soldato
Lycosa=Biggest POC peripheral I have bought.

Could never see the keys properly. (Not lit well enough.)
Crud build, you can just see it in the pic that the thin rubber coating wore off the gaming keys in a few months.
I could go on.....

The Elixir is better hands down and a fraction of the cost, you also get spare gaming keys. :)
The Deathadder and mat are cool: though I will not touch Razer again for my woes with the Lycosa and the rubbish support received from them.

Last edited:
Associate
You probably push too hard on the keys in a weird angle (rubbing) some people like me just have there finger tips on them and press down quite softly so thers no problem there. Its really upto how the user uses and treats the product. Different products work better for different people.

Associate
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-023-SK
Hi Solo, i just bought myself this keyboard here above ^, and it really is a wonder to behold how a nice keyboard is priced at such a cheap price, has a blue and red background to choose from, its nice to type on and all the media keys work with mine too, just put this in the basket and buy :D

I was thinking about buying a more expensive keyboard like the X4 Sidewinder but this will do me for a while a think :) GL mate

P.S don't judge too much on the picture as it is a lot more better looking infront of you (has a darker black than in picture)

Soldato
I currently have a Logitech G11.
It's not bad, does the job, but I'm looking to replace it with a DAS keyboard.

Mechanical keys are the way forward. Membrane doesn't cut it anymore.

Soldato
I currently have a Logitech G11.
It's not bad, does the job, but I'm looking to replace it with a DAS keyboard.

Mechanical keys are the way forward. Membrane doesn't cut it anymore.

I guess those are mechanical keys in the original IBM and Apple keyboards that people are modding for USB?

Back
Top Bottom