Is it only me that finds this annoying?

Man of Honour
The hordes of chavs/youths who sit in the corner of the Tesco/Aldi car park in the evening for hours on end with the windows down talking to each other?

I honestly can't see the point in it, why not just go somewhere and have a beer and not sit in your cars trying to act cool in your P Reg Nissan Micra sport? :confused: :p

To top it off, when they leave, the proceed to floor it out of the car park doing about 40.

Anyone else think this is a bit daft, and pointless? Why do people do it :p

Soldato
Who cares. Its not like they are drinking, causing mayhem in neighbourhoods, terrorising neighbours etc.

I see no problem with them sitting around chatting in their cars, although they do the occasional wheelspin, it doesnt bother me.

Man of Honour
OP
Who cares. Its not like they are drinking, causing mayhem in neighbourhoods, terrorising neighbours etc.

I see no problem with them sitting around chatting in their cars, although they do the occasional wheelspin, it doesnt bother me.

Well they are often the same people who are flooring it around the town potentially endangering people, so them not causing problems isn't strictly true.

You are right though, it doesn't directly affect me, I just find it incredibly pointless.

Soldato
I found it particularly annoying at 11pm last night. I was riding back from my girlfriends, passing the local hang out car park when 3 of the chavs pulled out from the car park exit without looking, racing each other, bouncing off the limiter all the way down the road. They must've missed me by about a few feet and I almost became another mangled biker statistic.

Soldato
I find it funny that they park so darn close to each other so people don't see what big businessmen gangster deals they're doing.
What annoys me is when they drive in and out and around the carparks at night with no lights on, for the sake of coolness.
Oh, and in McDonald's drive thru lane, the car that has its buddy alongside all the way through. Grrr

Associate
We get it in Homebase car-park here which I don't mind as they are out of the way. Occasionally in Tescos, 'the chav' gather in the corner - its only annoying when they all drive off and leave piles of litter on the floor.

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;16365991 said:
They are meeting up and chatting with these things called 'friends'.

I was expecting a reply like this. I am not saying I found it annoying to be anti social, more that the driving behaviour of these sort of people is so often dangerous. Not in all cases though. :p

Soldato

[TW]Fox;16365991 said:
They are meeting up and chatting with these things called 'friends'.

I agree, i would rather they did this than get drunk in the town centre and smash a shop window.

However, their actions, in these car parks, are often anti social. Their loud exhausts and constant wheel spins can be a PITA for local residents. Not to mention when they try and show off to their moron friends by trying to do handbrake turns in their 15 year old Vauxhal Corsa 1.2 with stick-on-tat (tm).

I saw a chav do exactly this, in Tesco carpark, a couple of years ago and he ended up binning it into the bollards protecting the cash machines.

Why they can't just go to a local industrial estate is beyond me?

Soldato
Imagine that for about 3/4 mile and you have basically described Great Yarmouth seafront on a Saturday night :D To be fair the conduct of your average "boy racer" seems to have improved massively over the last 10 years. They rarely seem to cause any trouble round here now.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
:mad: People like you (OP) annoy me more.
The kids are Legal & out the way not bothering nobody with there tunes or chat & still you have to Moan whinge & cause them trouble. :mad:

At Tesco my Manager used to move them on until I said summit. Do you want them roaring around housing estates or hanging around local shops or do you want them in a reasonable place.
Was you ever Young ???

Also you say Go have a Beer, So you also encourage drink driving.

Soldato
I don't see the problem.

1. They're probably not drinking
2. They're hooning about in a car park, so not on a main road.
3. They've probably not got anywhere else to go.

I can think of 1001 more dangerous/anti-social things for them to be doing.

Soldato
:mad: People like you (OP) annoy me more.
The kids are Legal & out the way not bothering nobody with there tunes or chat & still you have to Moan whinge & cause them trouble. :mad:

The ones that I see certainly bother people. They sit in the car park for a bit, blast their music then get bored and go roaring around the local streets (and in last nights case almost knocking me off my bike)

Groups of young drivers in cars inevitably leads to showing off, just look at the OCUK RR meets, remind me how many crashes/near misses there have been....

Back
Top Bottom