H50 cooling issues

Associate
Hi,

I recently purchased a H50 cooler for my system and temps do not seem to be great. I was wondering if I could get some advice on these and see if I have installed it incorrectly or if this is normal.

The system is i7 920 OC to 3.33Ghz. The temps as they stand are Idle:35C Load: 60C.

I reseated the cooler and this had negative effect and temperatures jumped up. I did this a number of times and still no improvement. I then applied some AS5 and reseated and still no improvement.

I've moved the radiator to the front of the case and placed a push/pull fan configuration on it but this has not helped. Single fan or double has no effect.

System temp seems high as reported by Speedfan which is 50C but this I believe is due to the graphics card which idles at 61C.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Associate
I have an H50 sitting on an i7 930 @ 4Ghz. This idols around 45c and under load 70-80c.
This is with a push / pull Apache set up sucking air into the case (a Corsair 800D).
From what I read, i7 chips run hot, my own temps are on the high side, but not critical levels. I use MX3 cpu paste on mine.

Associate
OP
That's reassuring.

I was worrying that I had not installed it correctly.

My Thermalright Ultra 120 idle temps were 42C which the H50 seems to do better on - but I did not re-check the load temps.

If this 60C is what to expect then I'm happy.

Last edited:
Associate
That's reassuring.

I was worrying that I had not installed it correctly.

My Thermalright Ultra 120 idle temps were 42C which is H50 seems to do better on but I did not re-check the load temps. If this 60C is what to expect then I'm happy.

Fairly hot the past two weeks aswell (Weather wise..) I've seen a +5/+8 degree increase since winter time of my h50.

Just one of those things i guess, when it gets to winter open your window and watch the temps drooop :)

Your temps are good :)

Associate
OP
I bought the same Notua fans yesterday.

I've only installed one which is pushing air into the radiator. The other one is a Scythe fan which is pulling air out.

I'm planning on installing the second Noctua soon but I can't see it making much of a difference.

Associate
I have these after a recommendation on push/pull exhausting ,their a wee bit noisy at full speed put dropped the temps right down,-http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-022-SY&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=4

Back
Top Bottom