Cat was put down today after being shot by an air rifle

RDM

RDM

Soldato
This is just the kind of elitist human attitude that is making the world turn to ****. I'm guessing you're also pro poaching, battery farming, skinning of live animals and bull fights. I.e. any meagre, insignificant benefit to the human race is worth whatever amount of animal suffering it may cost. The fact is that we are ALL just animals. There is nothing that makes us special, despite what religion wants you to believe.

The fact that you can type this on the message board does in fact make us special as a species. Not to mention there is a whole spectrum of thought between "valuing human life above animals" and "not valuing animals at all". But as the subject is a little cute kitten, please feel free to leave logic at the door. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would do this to any living creature (excluding Wasps, Moths and Spiders!).

It's when I hear stories like this that I'm glad my two moggies live in a flat and can't go out.
I would be absolutely devastated if anything happened to either of them.

Soldato
Makes me absolutely sick.

I would love to get my hands on the piece of trash that did that.

RIP Cat, you've gone to a better place.

Caporegime
Really sorry to hear about this :( :mad:

I have seven cats, all leading a blissful existence.

Several years ago, I lost a cat due to some **** pouring paraffin on him and trying to set him alight.

They failed, but the paraffin burnt his skin, resulting in him running away to die. RIP Togla, love you always :(

Soldato
That's disgusting, I can't believe how sick some people are.
Poor thing. I can deal with people being cruel to other people, but when it's to animals then I just want to go psycho.

Exactly the same here,

Sorry to hear about your Kitty, my gf's mum just had to have her doggy put down due to cancer, he was only 5, and that was bad enough. To know some little chav has done something like this just for a laugh or to act hard sickens me :mad:

RIP kitty :(

Soldato
Sorry for your loss. My neighbour quite some years ago had the same issue with his dog, it was shot with an air rifle. Didn't have to be put down fortunately but it was seriously injured and understandably traumatising to the family (they had three young 'uns at the time).

Associate
OP
Thanks again to everyone for their kind messages and advice, it really is appreciated!

Just an update, we had the local bobby round tonight to take details for an investigation, I'm not sure anything will come from it, but it's a start. He said they've never had any reports of anything like this happening in our area before.
We're also asking round to see if anyone knows someone local who owns an air rifle, or heard shots, but we live about 5-10mins walk from a pretty rough area so they could have come from farther away.
I mentioned going to the local papers to my Mum, she didn't seem fully sold on the idea although I made it clear I thought she should do it. I think it's mainly that she doesn't want her photo in some whiney article really. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I just want to say thanks once more, it's nice to know you can get support from people you don't know so well, as well as those you do!

Soldato
woah, that just put a shiver down my back, i am shocked to read that some reprobates will shoot something so cute and defenseless. its Disgusting...

Another issue is the imgag cases like this create for arigun owners, like myself, i spend £1000s on hunting gear (game), and field target sports, Sooner or later Airguns will be banned in England just like they have in Scotland.

Soldato
Almost exactly the same thing has just happened to my girlfriends cat, although he is lucky that he has survived so far as he has had to have two operations, and is having another op today to remove the drain that they had to put in after stitching him back up.

The pellet went in right next to his spine, but it seems to have done some damage as he can't walk properly anymore, and they can't get the pellet out without risking further damage.

Seems sick what some people will do. Btw, I don't think this is related to yours Hammus, as I don't live anywhere near York.

Soldato
My sincerest sympathies, we have 2 cats who are much loved pets, I'd be mortified if anything similar happened to them.

Soldato
Sorry for your loss.

Some sad people out there. Only yesterday I was walking my dog along the river and witnessed 3 young lads throwing concrete large blocks at a swan on the river :(

Back
Top Bottom