Two New Themes For Windows7 Media Center

Soldato
I thought I would post up some screenies of the 7MC themes created by myself and a friend on another forum (apologies for the images being a little large).

The first one is called Streaming Autumn and was basically a modified version of the second one to match the colours in my cinema room.

autumn7mc3.jpg

autumn7mc1.jpg

autumn7mc5.jpg

autumn7mc12.jpg

Link here, you'll need the excellent Media Center Studio to enable it

Media Center Studio

Streaming Autumn.mct

And the original, more colourful version, Streaming Light.

http://cid-2356ad5e7d6af11a.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Streaming%20Light%207MC%20Theme/Streaming%20Light%20v1.02.mct

Soldato
OP
Do you mean movie posters? I use Media Browser so I don't know how the stock Win7 ones look.

The backdrops are 1920x1080. We tried to make as many of the other images a ratio of that relative to how much of the screen they take up. I'm more than open to any feedback on all aspects so please fire away. It's very difficult to double check every permutation as there are literally hundreds of images.

Soldato
Do you mean movie posters? I use Media Browser so I don't know how the stock Win7 ones look.

The backdrops are 1920x1080. We tried to make as many of the other images a ratio of that relative to how much of the screen they take up. I'm more than open to any feedback on all aspects so please fire away. It's very difficult to double check every permutation as there are literally hundreds of images.

Yeah, so the original MCE splash screen wave thing (that sits behind the default icons). It's not HD res its something silly like 500 x 300 upscaled

See my post here from Feb 2009

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13515314&postcount=368

Soldato
OP
Did you do a full theme or just change the main background image? It's a nice background image that, and having it the same as Media Browser makes it feel like less of an add on.

If you use the latest MB and media center studio, you can change the icons in the start menu to the media browser folder links too. Like that, no one would ever notice that MB is an add on.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you mean mate, sorry, I'm not following (about the icons).

I just knocked up a backdrop, not a theme. Back then, Feb 2009, themes were not that easy to achieve.

Soldato
Is there any chance you have the original theme available? As much as I like the orange one, I prefer the standard one.

Edit: Nvm I found the restore button :o

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hi,

Can you give instructions on how to make themes? I'll knock up a few this weekend

Just open one of these themes in Media Center Studio and select the option to show the non standard images so you can see the ones we've changed/created. All you have to do is start a new theme and then drop the images in. There's a lot though so you'll do well to 'knock up a few themes in a weekend'!!

Post them up when you're done, I'm always keen to try out a new theme. :)

Back
Top Bottom