• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI 4870 x2 Stuck on 507MHz Clock 500MHz memory?

Associate
My ATI 4870 x2 seem to be stuck on 507MHz Clock 500MHz memory in ati overdrive? i have clicked on unlock and tried to set the clock to 750 clock and 900 memory but it just seems to stay low?

This is the first ATi card i have had so maybe there is something i don't know?

ati.jpg

Soldato
Are they not low power state 2D clocks, are you getting low performance in games? download MSI afterburner, play some games and check the hardware monitor out to see if your clocks are going up.

I'm sure they are just 2D clocks when the GPU is idle, nothing to worry about.

Associate
Thats normal for this card. I sent mine back thinking there was a fault but had it sent back with no fault found. The cards clocks run at lower speeds in 2d. Do not worry. How are your games running? All games play maxed out on my Asus tri fan.

Associate
Run a tool to see the clocks during a game. I was told it was done because of the power the card uses. if clock speeds run at max in 2d the power you would use is high. The card is not very Green:D

Soldato
These are the 2d clocks your seeing the 500mhz's..

When you fire up a game, it will go streight into 3d clocks which is 750/900.

If you save a custom profile go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your pc name thingy>\Local Settings\Application Data\ATI\ACE\Profiles

And you can Edit the 2d and 3d clocks in there if you wish, no need for 3rd party applications really.. you can edit voltage in there too..

I run this:

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="75000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_1" value="90000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="1050" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="1250" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryVoltageTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="0" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="0" />

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_1">
<Property name="Want_1" value="75000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_1">
<Property name="Want_1" value="90000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_1">
<Property name="Want_0" value="1050" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="1250" />

Basically, where my values are 30000, thats the 2d clocks which for you will say 50000 hence 500mhz in 2d mode, i run 300mhz in 2d mode which is lowest you can run, so it saves the life of the card when your doing nothing on your desktop, and it lowers tempuratures, and then where it says 75000 and 90000, them are your 3d clocks :)

Have a play around with it, just don't go silly and try overclocking too high, but its definately worth sticking the 2d clocks to 300mhz for each core :)

EDIT : just found the old link from few years ago, explain's what im on about with the gpu speed editing via the profile thingys http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1337485

have a good day! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom