• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Cats failing to install

Associate
Hi Folks

I was updating my ATI drivers today to 10.2 . I uninstalled the old drivers and did a reboot and was started installing the 10.2's. I accidentally closed an install window during the install process and I wasn't sure if it had preselected cancel or not so I canceled the install and started it again. Big Mistake! Now the drivers are failing to install , the installer GUI disappears after you click on Install and after a few minutes Windows 7 reports that the program failed to complete blah blah.

I have tried running Driver Cleaner , a system restore , removed registry keys etc but nothing appears to be helping.

Any suggestions ? Thanks .

Martin

Caporegime
Ooops.

I made the same mistake and I couldn't system restore, rollback, install the 10.2 again or anything. Try sweeper, cleaner, safe mode removal, deleting registry stuff manually, searched the internet for an answer without success

In the end I used my original cd with my 5850 but then I had to install CCC seperately to the driver as installing both at the same time didn't work.

Then I manually updated the driver and CCC to 10.30 again.

Of course, my system is permanent borked now for installing driver update packages and only a new install of w7 will fix it but I can't be bothered doing that atm as playing all the steam games I bought in the sales.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys . I was able to manually update the device drivers through the Device Manager - Update Device Drivers and I pointed them at the 10.20 folder but the CCC is not installed and refuses too. I will try the patching suggestion now .

Cheers
Martin

Associate
Pointed a few folks in the forums to this fix.
Its rather annoying as there is no real indication of what causes the problem or how to fix it, when you experience the glitch.

glad it helped, msaunders

Caporegime
I installed the patch above and reinstalled drivers, I no longer get the error about the missing file but ccc still doesn't install?

Did you reboot after installing the patch?

I installed the patch, uninstalled my partially installed ATI stuff, rebooted and then installed as normal.

Worked a treat.

Associate
Yes, I did exactly the same way as you and still no CCC. When I had 10.1 installed I did have the errors during install but the CCC was under my program list, just couldn't open it.

Now that I am using 10.2 after the patch, I don't get any CCC entry in my program list and can not find it in the ATi folder.

Caporegime
Try and find it with an older version of the drivers. ATi used to have a seperate setup file in each sub folder inc CCC. Now you don't and hence can't install it seperately.

Associate
OP
Sorry to bring this up again but I had a look in Add/Remove programs and I have 10 different installs of various versions of C++ etc and I am wondering if I need them all installed for the Cats to work . Reason I am asking is that every time I launch BFBC2 I get a prompt to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redist and it goes through the install each time .......

See attached , anyone get any suggestions ? Should I remove all and install C++ from scratch ?

image.gif

Back
Top Bottom