Cheap 2 seater - MX5, Z3 or MG?

Soldato
As much as I would love a Z4 I simply can't afford to buy one as a fun car for weekends! I have a bike and company car, but fancy a fun 2 seater sports car. Budget is around £5K so S2000 and Z4s are off the list (as much as I want one!). I'm thinking of selling the bike and just buying a fun car instead.

What 2-seater sports cars do people recommend for blokes or are they all considered girlie/hair dresser cars?!

Soldato
Well... I know what I would want:)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1583791.htm

15837912.jpg

15837916c.jpg

Man of Honour
I would buy a 2.8 Z3. I would do this despite the fact it would be older and arguably inferior to drive than an MX5. I would do this becuase I am becoming a massie BMW fanboy :(

Soldato
OP
:o dont sell the bike :(

MX-5 as I have one too :p but its not even 10% (and thats generous) as fun as the bike is.

The Alfa looks nice! But I'm after a softtop.

Yeah, the bike is still poorly though and a pain in the ass trying to get dyno'd as I live in the middle of nowhere now! It may all change next week as she is booked in then but if they can't fix it by looking at the fuelling I think Kawasaki and I are done. If, however, they can sort it there and then I think I will change my mind!! What model MX5 do you own?

Soldato
The Alfa looks nice! But I'm after a softtop.

Yeah, the bike is still poorly though and a pain in the ass trying to get dyno'd as I live in the middle of nowhere now! It may all change next week as she is booked in then but if they can't fix it by looking at the fuelling I think Kawasaki and I are done. If, however, they can sort it there and then I think I will change my mind!! What model MX5 do you own?

Should have just got a proper bike in the first place :rolleyes:

Ive got a Mk1 1.8 :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16368628 said:
I would buy a 2.8 Z3. I would do this despite the fact it would be older and arguably inferior to drive than an MX5. I would do this becuase I am becoming a massie BMW fanboy :(

I would buy the MG TF, despite the fact that it'll have panel gaps, probably fall apart after a few years, exploding many times along the way. This is because I am a massive MG fanboy.

:p Get the MX5!

Soldato
OP
I would buy the MG TF, despite the fact that it'll have panel gaps, probably fall apart after a few years, exploding many times along the way. This is because I am a massive MG fanboy.

:p Get the MX5!

Lol sounds just like my Kawasaki! And Fireskull, you love the Kawi really! I blame you for fitting the exhaust wrong. I know I was the one that screwed it on and broke the servo and you never even touched it, but you must have been a bad omen!! :D

Soldato
haha bad omen! despite my crash Im usually the one who fixed peoples bike problems lol :D so I still stand by my original statement! I dont mind the quaka I rode same model as yours in the wet and it was quite stable, good in the wet because its only got about 5bhp below 10k rpm :D

Associate
Budget is around £5K so S2000 and Z4s are off the list (as much as I want one!). I'm thinking of selling the bike and just buying a fun car instead.

£6500 can get you a high mileage S2000, you know. If you're only going to use it at the weekend, get one with a good history, and you could be onto a winner.

If not, the answer depends on whether you want to pose or go reasonably quickly.

Man of Honour
£6500 can get you a high mileage S2000, you know. If you're only going to use it at the weekend, get one with a good history, and you could be onto a winner.

Stretching your budget is never a good idea, even less so when you are stretching to a car with reasonably high running costs.

Back
Top Bottom