Mini keyring-sized digital camera/camcorder

twe

twe

Associate
I've got one of these coming too. As Pike said it does look a bit worse/blurry, though that isn't the point; it's for the wider angle view and for a Quid, you can't go wrong.
*Edit.You'll see the effect more further away from objects (for the wider angle.) and closer up; (for the fish eye effect.) most people use them for the wider angle though.

Saw the jelly lenses in Tesco for 97p near the phone accessories.

twe

twe

Associate
HC stands for high capacity, so 8GB+ will automatically be SDHC.... Might even be 4GB+.... Then the new ones are SDXC but that won't be common for a few years yet.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, it's been a fortnight and several enquiring emails yet I've only just had confirmation that my camera has been dispatched. So much for 2-3 working days dispatch.

Negative/neutral feedback ahoy!

I retract my premature hatred. It seems that the seller was just waiting so he could mail loads as a group. It arrived 2 days after posting that.

Now for the fun to begin!

Soldato
Mine arrived today, can someone answer the below questions, then possible the OP stick them in the first post to help other clarify?

1) What type SD card does it take?
2) Does it need to charge for a certain time, if so, how long?
3) are there any files on the device if no card is in the keyring?
4) How do you adjust the time/date stamp on the video?

Ags

Soldato
All the info is here.

1) Micro SD
2) After about two hours the light will stop flashing when charged.
3) No.
4)
Time set ta!

Right-click this tag.txt file (32 bytes) and download it.

The tag.txt file has three parts: header, date and time. The exact required format is discussed here. The word "date" must be lower case.

[date]
2009/12/29
16:58:00

or

[date] 2009/12/29 16:58:00

Modify the tag.txt file with your date time. Use a text editor (like Windows notepad or equivalent) that will not corrupt the file. If you corrupt the file, the date time will not be set. To be accurate, the time in the files should be the future time when you will turn the camera on.
1. Connect the USB cable.
2. Copy the tag.txt file to the root of the camera drive.
3. Disconnect the USB cable.
4. Turn the camera off.
5. Turn the camera on. The camera reads tag.txt, sets the date time, and deletes the file.
6. Take a photo.
7. Connect the USB cable. Verify the date time on the JPG file.

There is also info to remove the time/date stamp in the link above to chucks site.

Yes, surely there should be a link to Chucks site on the OP.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived today, can someone answer the below questions, then possible the OP stick them in the first post to help other clarify?

1) What type SD card does it take?
Micro SD
2) Does it need to charge for a certain time, if so, how long?
Unclear from instructions
3) are there any files on the device if no card is in the keyring?
No, it appears as an empty card reader and asks you to insert a disk if you click on the device on your computer with no card inserted.
4) How do you adjust the time/date stamp on the video?
The tag.txt file has three parts: header, date and time. The exact required format is discussed here. The word "date" must be lower case.

[date]
2009/12/29
16:58:00

or

[date] 2009/12/29 16:58:00

Modify the tag.txt file with your date time. Use a text editor (like Windows notepad or equivalent) that will not corrupt the file. If you corrupt the file, the date time will not be set. To be accurate, the time in the files should be the future time when you will turn the camera on.
1. Connect the USB cable.
2. Copy the tag.txt file to the root of the camera drive.
3. Disconnect the USB cable.
4. Turn the camera off.
5. Turn the camera on. The camera reads tag.txt, sets the date time, and deletes the file.
6. Take a photo.
7. Connect the USB cable. Verify the date time on the JPG file.

Soldato
So, aiming for a 4gb micro SD card is the way?

Cool, hopefully, I will pick up one this weekend and before sunday :) Will record a nice ride along the A339 for you lot :)

chris

Soldato
Yeah id say about 45ish minutes on a 4gb card. If you dont want to keep swapping the memory card or copying out the videos everytime you record you might be better off getting an 8gb which i wish i had done now...

Back
Top Bottom