Hong Kong through a 50mm

Caporegime
Back in England (just missed that Volcano ash!), took with me only a 30D with a 50mm, was quite limiting as for a lot of the time it was quite long but I knew it and it was partly the point, what better way to learn a lens and that focal length (as I am contemplating getting a 85mm for my 5D) than to use it 100% of the time.

So here it is, more in my flickr HERE

Thanks for looking :)

Soldato
As usual, stunning photos Raymond. As you said you found 50mm a bit too long what sort of focal length would you think would have been perfect for you?

Caporegime
OP
As usual, stunning photos Raymond. As you said you found 50mm a bit too long what sort of focal length would you think would have been perfect for you?

I think a 35/1.4 would have been great on FF, 50mm on FF would have been nice too, I think if i took my 24-70 it would be amazing if only it wasn't so bulky and expensive. I didn't extend my insurance for my kit to world wide so only had travel insurance hence I didn't want to risk my 5Dii on on top of its weight of it. I basically carried around a nylon messenger bag and wrapped the camera in a thin cloth bag and through it in my messenger bag with bottles of water, wallet etc, there was no padding at all!

Caporegime
OP
Nice! Ive just got back from HK too, might put some pics up. Shame the weather wasnt very good for the last few days :(

The weather wasn't that bad, I don't mind rain as it gives some interesting photos when people use umbrellas.

What i didn't want is fog, and that's all I got on HK island, which ruined the cityscape shot from the peak. We went up there and it was a white wash, totally. Walking in thick fog, so thick it was like getting a shower. Other than that, the weather wasn't that bad. Plus in a lot of instances you can get across the city without ever set food on the outside, almost everywhere is conected by the MTR and shopping malls.

Soldato
Cracking series of shots, vey nice indeed :)

Although you've reminded me that I start a 50mm weekly project this year, that only got to No 4...! Not good, I mght I have to resurrect it.

Back
Top Bottom