Key fob reprogramming? Good Price?

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Need a key fob programmed to my car, last one decided to....stop working. I've found a place in Southend called R H Bright Ltd who have quoted me £45 to reporgramme an existing fob (I've got a spare one from the MG) but thats not a guarantee, however for £85 they can supply a new key and programme it and have promised it'll work.

This sound like a good price? worth ringing round for a cheaper one? or is this 'about right'?

Anyone know of anyone good? as local to Brentwood, Essex as poss :)

Many Thanks,
Jake

Last edited:
Soldato
This on the Coupe?

Pesky things those Rover fobs. Had both fobs stop responding on my first 214 :confused:

Lift the passenger carpet and check the connections to the ECU.

You have tried unlocking the car with the key and pressing the lock button 4 times on the fob? Also, do you still have the little card with the EKA code? That should at least allow you to start and drive the car.

A few places you may want to have a look at...

http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk/new_page_4.htm

http://www.remotekey.co.uk/cars/rover/

Caporegime
OP
Yeh it's on the coupe mate.

It's under the passenger carpet, ok I'll check when I get in, and yep tried the 4 button thing, remember you saying about it before, and yeh I do somewhere...have to have a dig out, the eka code is where you turn the key certain directions a certain amount of times isn't it?

Soldato
When I had my Corsa, one lock/immobiliser blipper stopped working when I was too forceful trying to get the battery out.

I bought a 2nd hand Corsa C key on an auction site and also the Vauxhall talk-to-car software and usb dongle. I was able to reprogram the 2nd hand fob with this. The blade stayed the same.

For the Saab, it cost £95 for a replacement key, fob and programming to car.

Back
Top Bottom