What is going on with my temps?

Soldato
I have an 800D Case

I have got 3 120mm top fans. One rear 140mm fan and one above the psu area again 140mm fan

I have got a temp sender going to the middle of the case

When the fans are on low im at about 24c when i turn the fans up the reading goes to 30c

I thought it would be the opposite?

I dont understand postive, negative set ups etc

Any advice or is this correct :)

Soldato
There's your problem, all sucking out = no air can get in!

- sorry, really i cant help. What sensor are you using, maybe its knackered

Associate
Yes you do need air blowing in. the convention is to have fans at the bottom / front of the case blowing cold air from the outside into the case and fans on the back / top blowing warm air out of the case (remember hot air rises naturally).

See here.

Associate
I have a related question, I'm currently using a CM 690 case with one intake on the front and an exhaust on the back and top (all 120mm) I also have the windowed side panel which leaves me with one fan to use on the side directly over my always toasty 4890 would this fan be best set as an intake (which it is currently) or an exhaust?

I assumed that pulling cool air in over the gfx card would be the smart move and then let the cooler/blower on the card eject the hot air out of the back.

Please let me know if i'm wrong.

Associate
I have a related question, I'm currently using a CM 690 case with one intake on the front and an exhaust on the back and top (all 120mm) I also have the windowed side panel which leaves me with one fan to use on the side directly over my always toasty 4890 would this fan be best set as an intake (which it is currently) or an exhaust?

I assumed that pulling cool air in over the gfx card would be the smart move and then let the cooler/blower on the card eject the hot air out of the back.

Please let me know if i'm wrong.

Intake mate. Most definatly.

Soldato
OP
Well i dont know how i am going todo it other than the way its set up. No fans on the front you see.

There is only one 140mm fan sucking in,this is at the bottom. The top three 120mm suck out and then one on the rear sucks out 140mm.

The 140mm fan on the rear, should i turn it round.....So its blowing in air.....

Soldato
No fans at the front? Weird...

When you say bottom, do you mean base of the case? Or bottom of the front?

I wouldnt suggest pulling air in from the back and the front, because I believe that you cause airflow issues then in the middle of the case.

Soldato
OP
Well there's no way I put one at the front it's a solid front to the case. I think spinning the rear fan will help. So I will have one at the rear sucking in and one at the bottom of the case sucking air as it blows air up. And then 3 exhaust at the top

Soldato
OP
Getting a front intake fan on a corsair 800D is pretty much gonna be impossible.

Ive been reading up on it, and i think i am going to reverse the rear 140mm fan.

As most people have the bottom fan pulling in air.

3 top fans exhausting

1 fan at the back drawing air in.

Then the one 140mm fan cooling HD's

Nothing gets hot at all tho :)

Back
Top Bottom