P5n-e SLI + [email protected] Overclocking help

Associate
Ok so first my spec:

Lancool K-62 case
Intel Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
Asus P5N-e SLI mobo
Arctic freezer 7 pro

I havent really given much thought into overclocking my cpu as i have never really needed to but recently that has changed. Obviously i have idea on how to do it either, so im looking for any help on recommended settings for my spec or a guide on how to overclock.

Thanks for any help.

Associate
You'll find that it isn't a one size fits all with overclocking, you need to tinker to get results. For instance increase the fsb by 5-10 mhz (in jumber free configuration), save then stability test. If that's ok save and repeat. When it starts bsod or not post add a little vcore voltage (just 1 increment) then try boot again. Repeat until satisfied . Remember you do need proper cooling not the standard intel fayre. Remember google is your friend and so are the good people here so no question is to dumb to be asked.
Good luck.

Cal.

Associate
OP
Thank you for your quick reply,
when you say 1 increment do you mean, 1.4v to 1.5v ?
Also i find my bios rather confusing as i hardly use it and the cpu settings seem to be all jumbled up :p
I shall take a few photos of my bios and post them here in a "sooner rather then later" post.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had this mobo, pretty terrible but was cheap at the time, I won't buy cheap mobos again.
Basically I wanted to upgrade to core2 quad and knew it was unlikely i'd get a good OC out of the chip if I used the P5NE-SLI

So got p5q-e, wacked it up to 3.7ghz stable, no problems:)

Associate
the increments would be 1.415 then perhaps 1.430 and so on you don't need such a big jump in voltage. You will be presented with options in the bios for these voltages. Good luck

Associate
OP
I have managed to overclock my cpu to 2.7GHz but it began to bsod and didnt load windows at 1 point. I found the Vcore voltage but when selecting it it only gave me 2 options to alter too.
One of the options was the current Volt "1.30 V" it was set at and the 2nd was "ignored" status. I cannot find a way to input my own custom Voltage.

Soldato
Put the voltage on 1.55, mch 1.36, termination and pll up a bit too if they are available then try for 400x8 (3.2ghz) then 400x9

Back
Top Bottom