Best 42" TV for £500?

Soldato
Hey chaps,

I'm looking to sell my Samsung 26" HDTV and upgrade to a 42"

Any suggestions for £500?

Here is my current Samsung

Samsung 26" LE26R74BDX/XEU Freeview HD Ready Widescreen LCD TV (Black)

Soldato
I was looking at that one previously Gustov and from what I can tell it's good value for money indeed. AVForums review gave it an Excellent score, not because it's the best panel ever, but because you get a lot for your money.

However I recently got a LE40B650 unit and the backlighting was poor on it, plus the panel itself seemed to lag when connected to the PC, video movement was fine but I definitely noticed some input lag, which is odd as my 3 year old Samsung LE26R74 doesn't seem to have the same issues.

Due to these issues I had to send it back. Mostly for the backlighting problem but also because I have it plugged into an HTPC and input lag is very annoying when you move the mouse on the screen, it seems to lag behind by about 0.5 seconds. This is all of course of the newer 6 series B650 but it may be you see the same input lag issue with the older model?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've had a Samsung Series 5 since Dec 24th 08, I use it for my 360 & to play Company of Heroes on via my PC & it's been faultless in every way.
550 seems a bit steep to me though as mine was 600 quid reduced from 660 Dec 08, 500 quid would seem more of its price to me, either way I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom