What do I need to install?

Associate
P5Q PRO USB 2 Problem (windows 7 64bit) thinks - USB 1 Speeds :(

OK Problem 1 solved, problem 2..... I've got a USB 2.0 Pendrive that only gets written to or copied from at 10mbs!

cant seem to find a usb driver that will make it faster!? anyone else got this problem on windows 7 64 bit with a P5Q PRO board?

Last edited:
Associate
The USB bus could be slowed down if it is used by something else at the same time, like if you are using a usb hub, or ports that are on the same controller, like on the back of motherboards, however I don't think it would slow down THAT much..

Look up the USB pen drive and check it's max transfer speeds

Associate
OP
tried it with nothing in at all other than the pendrive and its exactly the same, hd tune rekons its 22mbps but think thats for reading and writing to it in win7 real world is 10mbps... this is hump!

latest bios on and no joy :( any ideas?

Associate
OP
not a usb hub nope, tried every port, can someone try a couple of pendrives and hd tune for me please and tell me what speeds they get

Associate
I have a the corsair flash voyager 4gb ready.. but I can't get HD Tune to open, it goes into processes, no window appears, it's only in processes in task manager, 0%, only like 3mb ram, can't end process, tried compatibility mode and a different version

OK... seems to not work when USB drive is attached.. so need to run, then attach, then click ok for the program to load in order for it to also detect the USB drive... weird

OK test didn't work...

NTFS re-format... might have a problem because I used it to install windows 7 so might be the format that is the problem..

It still doesn't load when drive is attached..

Nope sorry, tried loads of things, the software doesn't work at all for me, IMO it is terrible software..

Using windows drag and drop to transfer a file.. it reached 52MB/s going down and staying at about 44-45, I'm thinking if you have a problem it's with the software, I mean just looking at the proper HDD's tested they only go up to like 60MB/s on their website, I think the program slows it all down, will gladly try another program

Associate
44-45mb/s to transfer to a pen drive? That sounds about twice as fast as is possible . . .

If you see below, I think it would have slowed down a lot.. I think maybe it was just faster because I had already transfered the file beforehand, so it was just writing indexes rather than data for a while..

Trying a second time, reached 68, but getting slower constantly all the way until the end of the file transfer... ended at 6.54.. pretty much froze at the end for about a minute

Reading maxed at about 30 and went down also, I canceled it.

Downloaded HD Speed from here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...lay-real-time-transfer-speed-on-media-drives/

Read+Rrite.. 2.5MB/s
Read 21.4MB/s
Write 4.6MB/s
Read+Write+Verify = 256KB/s

I am pretty disapointed myself..

that was in the front of my case

Trying in the back.. seems to need to be reformatted now.

Doing the same tests..

Started 86, went down constantly again.. cancelled the test

Formatting Fat16

basically.. a lot slower

Took ages to cancel...

Formatting Fat32

Started 256KB/s but getting faster for a change.. but still going up slow.. I estimate it will end at 15MB/s

Speeds in the that above program are same as if it was NTFS, I think I just wasted my time, hope you like it lol

Associate
OP
Aaron thanks so much mate, very helpful actually - I didnt realise they were so slow! im sure my mac at works faster :/ hmm

Seems like my usb ports might be working normally then! need to get another pen drive just to be sure but youve put my mind at rest for now :D

thanks again

Associate
Aaron thanks so much mate, very helpful actually - I didnt realise they were so slow! im sure my mac at works faster :/ hmm

Seems like my usb ports might be working normally then! need to get another pen drive just to be sure but youve put my mind at rest for now :D

thanks again

I'm just glad that I don't use it much at those rates, seems better than fine for small file transfers, and if doing small files (less than 2mb) at a time then the transfer seems instant, but I was testing with 3gb files

Back
Top Bottom