CM Storm Scout or Lian Li 60FW

Associate
Soldato
Lian Li evertime over the Scout.

Scouts are not where near aswell constructed as you would imagine. Lian Li is definatly the one you want if you value quality.

I actually had tri Sli 285's in the same Lian Li, worked wonders!

Associate
OP
mm.. thats what i thought. many people have the scout. not much people complained about it being bad.

but whats good about the lian li case?

what i like about both the cases are that they both have HDD slots facing the side panel for easy access..

what i know is:

lian li
has 2 fans
think its alimumium (good, but bad if it makes noise)
nice design too

scout
has 4 fans (better cooling)
some parts are plastic (not good as they break easily =/ )
design looks good (like the colour red and black)

Man of Honour
The Scout has better cooling (2x 140mm and 1x 120mm) and the build quality is excellent. Nice black interior too. I have one and it's a good case. I also have a Lian Li PC-P50B and it does'nt live up to the hype. I would not buy another Lian Li based on it. It suffers from side panel vibration, the side panels have a terrible mounting system and cable management is not as good as it could be.

Associate
mm.. thats what i thought. many people have the scout. not much people complained about it being bad.

but whats good about the lian li case?

what i like about both the cases are that they both have HDD slots facing the side panel for easy access..

what i know is:

lian li
has 2 fans
think its alimumium (good, but bad if it makes noise)
nice design too

scout
has 4 fans (better cooling)
some parts are plastic (not good as they break easily =/ )
design looks good (like the colour red and black)

theres only 3 fans included on the scout, 1 x 120mm and 2 x 140mm, but there is space for another 2 120mm fans

Associate
OP
The Scout has better cooling (2x 140mm and 1x 120mm) and the build quality is excellent. Nice black interior too. I have one and it's a good case. I also have a Lian Li PC-P50B and it does'nt live up to the hype. I would not buy another Lian Li based on it. It suffers from side panel vibration, the side panels have a terrible mounting system and cable management is not as good as it could be.

mm...yeah

thing is i have floorboards and no carpet on the floor, will that affect it creating more noise?

Permabanned
I have the scout and love it, apart from the massive amount dust coming in from the fan i have on the side window.

I'm going to have to change to another case because of this.

Soldato
thing is i have floorboards and no carpet on the floor, will that affect it creating more noise?
Primary noise source is always case itself and Aluminium's lightness is nothing what cheap basic bitumen mat can't help.
(or some dense vinyl mat/plates)

Considering positioning dust filtering and easy cleaning of filter is quite important aspect unless you clean room often.

Associate
haha i actually bought one of them a few days back, but have no idea how to actually fit the thing.

the fan on the inside of the window is an 120mm Enermax Apoolish fan.

sandwich it between the side of the case and the fan, so take your fan off and put the filter where the fan is supposed to go and then put the fan on top, using the fans screws to secure it in

Permabanned
sandwich it between the side of the case and the fan, so take your fan off and put the filter where the fan is supposed to go and then put the fan on top, using the fans screws to secure it in

Do you mean i should take the foam filter out, and put that between the fan, and the side case, or put the whole thing in between?

Just one side of the Akasa filter has no holes for screws, and the screws for my fan are like rubber grommits. although i do think i have some proper metal screws.

And apologys to Reece for hijacking his thread a little.

Back
Top Bottom