Site infection.

Soldato
Hi hope some can shed some light on this problem.

I have been cleaning a site for a friend and after many hours of work on every day i am still receiving tagged on random redirectors eg www some filth.com e.t.c. too all html & script files.

Any how to cut a long story short i had my suspicions because i had examined the code many times and was sure it was clean so i removed the complete site and just left an index.html file blank for a day and yet again even this file is being infected.

So how is this happening is it possible the company that host the site are infected or...?

cheers jay.

Soldato
OP
Have you changed all FTP passwords?

No m8 i know this is stupid of me and will be done but just out of curiosity do you think his security credentials have been hacked or just some script kiddy stuff going on ?

The reason i ask is because i can not think of any reason why they want to tamper with his site.

thx jay.

ps. The site was very much infected google even black marked it.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Lots of people get their passwords stolen from Filezilla etc due to a spyware infection. You should check every PC which has used the password for spyware too.

Caporegime
What host company do you use?

I've had a similar problem with Servage, along with a few others, however this was over a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom