Upgrade Graphics Card or whole system?

Soldato
Obviously, its up to the OP - but if you can sell the current kit for £100. Then that brings the new upgrade price to £200.

A wii will cost the best part of this (add a second wiimote and its over £200), plus games cost more and it has few other functions.

If the money is spent on a PC then he can play games, and has a fully functional PC.

Permabanned
I know what you mean.

I don't have any kids, but got a 8year old niece.

She's got a dsi, loves it.

And I still believe batman Arkham Asylum is a bit much for a 7year old.

I got BM AA free with my GTX 260, and agree its a bit much for a 7yr old. hell even i got a little spooked walking round a creepy mental asylum.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies folks.

I know what you mean about the Batman game. It kind of creeps me out too.

However, what I didn't know until recently, is that my young brother in law, who still stays with the in-laws (AKA Granny & Grandad) has been letting him play Batman, Left for Dead and Left for Dead 2 when he has been over visiting. Wasn't happy when I heard but he's already well hardened to these games. :rolleyes:

As for the console suggestions, thanks again. He already has a Wii and Ds Lite. And I've got a PSP, 360 & PS3, from back in the days when I had a better money flow situation. So he has plenty of choice but always seems to go back to playing on the PC. And yes, he is spoilt rotten. (well partly, as I use him as an excuse to get new games and stuff for myself....I just say its for him and the wife tends to cave in a lot more than if I said it was for me :D )

Guess I'll just need to start saving for a new set up.

Back
Top Bottom