ventrillo hosting

Associate
basically im trying to host an 8slot vent from my PC and ive done everything correctly however the vent server says it is available but when i press connect it says it is unavailable.

Associate
If you want to talk to your friends while playing online games, I suggest that you use skype or something similar. Its easier to setup and also allows you go have more people in the lobby.

If you want to use ventrilo then you should buy a cheap ventrilo server. I tried to set it up on my pc and it always used to be very delayed for my friends.

Associate
If you want to use ventrilo then you should buy a cheap ventrilo server. I tried to set it up on my pc and it always used to be very delayed for my friends.
+1
i hosted a vent server on my own pc for a few months, then rented a server, so much better, no lag and audio is a lot better.

Associate
I've got one set up on my PC, it was a while ago I did the initial install. I suggest setting it without a password at least at first.

Are you connecting with your internal or external IP? If you're using the external you may need to forward the port (3784) to the PC on your network you're hosting from. Also check its allowed by any firewalls.

Associate
Are you connecting via external IP or internal?

You should be able to type the LAN address into the ventrilo client (192.168.x.x) if it is locally.

If you want people who are not connected on the LAN to connect then you need to portforward through your router. Then the user trying to connect uses your external IP and using the default port (3784).

Also you can just change the codec quality in the ini file.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:gNawxw40L6MJ:support.multiplay.co.uk/index.php%3F_m%3Dknowledgebase%26_a%3Dpdfexport%26kbarticleid%3D5+ventrilo+ini+codec&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjXfZ6CpnA6UDN_b1KKlZbJhwmC1uKJGvVjJjvBI2zERuQ3kcwycFtFKPesg1Us1WFVBV1NCvdJs64ReoJbFUnPoqGtTT8VVol-MhFzutUhV30ygh8dlHdDIbVBjuOnTtjhP1M6&sig=AHIEtbSuBObyQMhxHkf6Vur4slz4V-OhHA

^^ tells you all the available codecs.

Back
Top Bottom