• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 and 3 screens?

Associate
I currently have a 5850 running 2 22" screens, only issue is i want a bigger one between. 22" just isnt big enougth to game for me now.

i have been looking at the display port on the card, are there any problems with useing the display port with adapter to run an additinal screen? (pehaps one of my 22"s) then run a 27 between them? with a dvi.

I would get another card. but i dont have crossfire support on my board, if i get anew i may aswel get a new sockett, i5 blah blah. £1,200 just isnt an option right now.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think you can do it with different sized screens, at the moment I have a 24" widescreen and a 19" 4:3 to the right. I would ideally like to put another 19" to the left so the 19s act as periphery.

I think there are still problems with eyefinity and crossfire too. If anyone has any insight I'd also be interested in doing this.

Associate
OP
Eyefinity port? You mean display port? You can happily run 3 monitors on a 5850 :)

oops, thanks. guess thats what happens when i type a topic while on the phone lol.

i heard there is issues with the desplay adapters and screen flicker and screen colour being crap. anyone running 3 screens on one?

Soldato
I'm running 3 screens on my 5870, the screen flicker is countered by having an active displayport adaptor :)

If you just plan to use them as separate monitors then any 3 screens can be used, if you plan on using them as 1 big screen for games then they must all support the same res or the minimum supported wil be used.

Back
Top Bottom