Thoughts on the CM-690 II Advance?

Soldato
Hey dudes and dudettes,

I have been looking at this case for a while and I personally like how sleek it looks and the size I love. However, I have been looking around a few sites and no one seems to mention this case being used much, unless I am going blind?

I know that every review says poor standard cooling but that is the only crique I can see really. I am looking to get this and maybe some Akasa Apache Black Super Silent 120mms to go with it.

I think this case would future proof myself when I upgrade probably next year, or just before xmas and get water cooling involved again.

Thoughts?

Soldato
i had a normal 690 and its a great case, just matters if you are willing to pay the extra for the black internals on the new edition (personally i would :))

Soldato
OP
Yea I love the black and when the finally release a window panel I might invest in one too. I was looking at getting a 2.120 rad kit for it at some stage.

So we are liking this case yea? No major issues anyone can tell me that will put me off?

Associate
I have to say m8 I am in the same boat as you. I have about 100 quid to spend on a case and am torn between the 690 (which has had some stellar reviews) and the 922 (also some good reviews) and am planning on buying the gear for watercooling at the same time =/ not sure which one to go for, am tempted by the 690 atm, as the 922 looks a bit funky

Soldato
hardware canucks on youtube seem to really like it.
looks like a great case for the money, shame no transparent side panel as of yet

Soldato
OP
I have to say m8 I am in the same boat as you. I have about 100 quid to spend on a case and am torn between the 690 (which has had some stellar reviews) and the 922 (also some good reviews) and am planning on buying the gear for watercooling at the same time =/ not sure which one to go for, am tempted by the 690 atm, as the 922 looks a bit funky

Yep thats what I am looking at. I dont like all these funky cases with random designs. I like clean cut, smooth cases where I can slowly develop something I like from it. Hence I love my Lian Li PC65 but its too small to expand into now.

I have made up my mind, I shall purchase the CM-690 II Advance!

Back
Top Bottom