TalkTalk - Frequent disconnects.

Permabanned
Hi guys,

Over the past 2 months or so, my broadband connection has been disconnecting quite a lot. I'd say about once an hour. I have to reset the router to get it working again.

I am currently on an extension, but even when I was on the master socket it was still disconnecting, even worse than.

I am using a microfilter from the extended box so I don't think that's the problem.

I'd look at router stats, but I'm not an expert so I'm not quite sure what they mean.

How would I be able to find out what the problem is?

Many thanks

Associate
TalkTalk is your problem I have been with them for 2 years in the past and oh gos I use to get disconnects all the time. Speed dropped all the time and the line was down at least 7 times for almost a week each time.

Cancel being with them and go for someone more reliable like Sky, BT or Virgin. Im with Sky now and I have never had a disconnection or speed drop so all is good :)

Associate
Thats assuming the OP wants to go with another provider rather than just getting the issue resolved.

I know lots of people with Talktalk connections who rarely have issues.

Associate
I'd look at router stats, but I'm not an expert so I'm not quite sure what they mean.

How would I be able to find out what the problem is?

Fair enough, you don't understand them, but if you chose to post on a forum where people do understand them then why did you not bother to show them to those knowledgeable people :D

Stats!

Oh and for the record, talktalks llu service is far better than it used to be (are you on that?). It may not be in the same league and sky/Be* but it's certainty better than BT.

Associate
I've been with TalkTalk since December and after an initial few problems (and getting them sorted on talktalkmembers.com) it's been pretty damn good. I've had to use a different router as none of the TalkTalk routers (D-Link DSL-2740, 2760 and Huawei HG520b) could hold a stable SNR - the Speedtouch 585v6 holds a 9dB profile very well, currently getting 2.3Mbps down & 932Kbps up on a very long and old aluminium line (I didn't even know BT put out aluminium lines...)

What router are you using and can you post the line stats? If your not sure where to find them, tell me the make of the router and I'll tell you where to find them - I've been through every router :p

Soldato
oh tell me about it. I just sined upto TT about 2 months ago and Ive had nothing but trouble. Before I was on AOL and weve nevr had any problem with them just used the connection never the software.

I have numourus issues and to be honest im very close to cancelling. On sign up my line dropped from 8mb to 2mb download with now 255kbps upload when i used to have 512kbs. Also im suffering from a massive slow down to the point iplayer is unusable.

Ringing them is no help the last conversation I got was I had to call back as his software wasnt working, "yeh right" and I can be on hold waitng for someone to awnser my call for upto 40mins.

get ready to cringe. Bearing in mind this is meant to be 8mb?

Last edited:
Soldato
TT LLU 24meg, cant say im not happy here ;)

786858776.png

PPS, dlink routers are ****e, they cant hold stable connections to save themselfs. if you have a low snr or unstable line dlinks are not the way to go.
netgear are your best choice.

Associate
oh tell me about it. I just sined upto TT about 2 months ago and Ive had nothing but trouble. Before I was on AOL and weve nevr had any problem with them just used the connection never the software.

I have numourus issues and to be honest im very close to cancelling. On sign up my line dropped from 8mb to 2mb download with now 255kbps upload when i used to have 512kbs. Also im suffering from a massive slow down to the point iplayer is unusable.

Ringing them is no help the last conversation I got was I had to call back as his software wasnt working, "yeh right" and I can be on hold waitng for someone to awnser my call for upto 40mins.

get ready to cringe. Bearing in mind this is meant to be 8mb?

Don't call the telephone support, they are rubbish. Go to: http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/ and ask there - the OCE's are far more helpful than India :p

Back
Top Bottom