Is it just me or do others experience problems with Adobe Flash?

Soldato
Troubleshoot a problem with Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player has stopped working properly on 18 occasions.

Running in windows 7, I have virtually no issues with my PC, but occasionally on web browsing when closing a tab it'll report an error, and attempt to search for a solution.
Each time the issue appears to be some function of flash not stopping properly or not working correctly when browser tabs are closed.
No within problem reporting I can see this has happened 18 times. Windows solution is browse to adboe and uninstall flash player, and reinstall flash player. This doesn't appear to make any difference.
It is always just the single browser tab which has the issues other remain unaffected.

It doesn't overly annoy me as I am usually closing tabs when it occurs, but I am wondering if others get similar issues. So do you? Anyone found a solution?

Man of Honour
All the time. If I leave my web browser open for longer than two or three days it causes Opera crash.

Don't also get me started on my long term issue with it. It refuses to play e.g. Youtube or iPlayer videos without the video quality stuttering every 15 seconds or so. That's happened to me across all sorts of different builds, versions of Opera, versions of Flash for a few years now. :mad:

Soldato
A huge proportion of IE8 crashes are from such add-ons, it's just the way it is to be honest. Can you reproduce it from going to a particular site, or is it just randomly crashing as far as you can tell?

Soldato
OP
Certain sites do cause it, often image load sites, and the occasional dump when closing fcebook after I am told to log into farmville and other zygna stuff to send nails and planks to the wife.

Imageshack or imagebam often can be the cuase but not all the time, it isn't easy to reproduce, its simply common. I think it might be related to flash adverts embedded within a site.

Back
Top Bottom