Pre-built wrong Components? (WONKY GPU)

Associate
Hi All,

Just wanted some advise about some issues, i recently brought a pre built pc from OCuk and expected to receive a sapphire HD5970 and a i7 930 overclocked to 4.0GHz but... I go this instead....

Powercolor HD5970 and a the i7 not overclocked, now i would have sent it back by now if this was all that different, however i also received a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 instead of the EX58-UD5, now the X58 comes with some extra features (3.0 USB etc). Originally i had asked if i have the X58 but they said not if i wanted the overclock so at the time i said i would go with the EX58....

Im trying to figure out what i should do... the GPU are basically the same, i don't have the cpu overclocked but i have a motherboard which is worth £40 more than the one i asked for..... what would you do if you were me?

Now about the card...... I know that the latest cards have been getting steadily larger and therefore heavier but to me a card which is not level is not a good sign. :eek:

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Insert OMFG here...... honestly i love the case but it is rather large but looks amazing and is ten times quiter than the old Antec 902.
DSC00468.jpg

Permabanned
Keep it. Like you say the card isn't gonna make any difference really and if a normal un overlocked i7 isn't good enough for you nothing will. But then did you pay extra for the overclocking and i'll think you'll find you talk to OcUk and get a bios profile and that will give you the overclock but I think that is if you lost the overclock.

EDIT: Forgot to add the hassle of sending it back.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

Any idea on the GPU? I was thinking of jerry rigging some sort of bracket, my last card a 295 was shorter but much heavier that was a right sod to sort out.

Thanks for the tip RJC i had a look but did not know what i was looking for :(

Last edited:
Associate
In the BIOS there's an option to select a BIOS profile, loading all the settings that its saved. You want to look for loading a saved profile. I had a little look for pictures of the UD5 bios but couldn't really find much. I'll have another look. :)

Edit: It says in the manual if you can't find it. Best I can do at the moment, sorry.

Last edited:
Associate
I would personally return it and get it fixed by OcUK or you can try to remove the card and insert it again to see if it makes a difference or not.

Associate
OP
Thermaltake Level 10 and slightly over the top :D. It is a full tower so i was expecting it to be big (******* huge) however it is quite quiet, but at 24kg don't expect to haul this beast around with you.

Soldato
The graphics card can bend like that if the bracket is offset slightly when the screw is tightened. You should try loosening the screw(s) and straightening it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom