** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Maybe early doors for official signings but with the end of the season fast approaching, clubs at all ends of footballing spectrum are planning their respective additions as we speak.

The rumor mill started at the last window with Chelsea supposedly close to signing Kun Aguero. No smoke without fire I say when you see that he could quite easily replace Joe Cole who is yet to sign a new contract. Citeh are supposed to be offering mega bucks for Joe Cole's services.

Beckford at Leeds looks like he is on his way to either a Championship or Premier League club.

Vidic at United may or may not be going to the warmer climbs of the Santiago Bernabeau this summer depending on which red top you read.

Will Liverpool manage to keep hold of Torres, Gerrard and Rafa this summer with lack of funds and quality players being cited as some of the reasons for their relative decline from last seasons runners up performance.

Arsenal are supposed to have money to burn but will this be another summer of big promises with only or two notable signings.

So there's your starters. Keep all confirmed signings, speculation and rumors in this thread.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
If we can get the wages sorted out I think (hope!) that aguero will come to chelsea this summer. He's definitely going to leave and we are probably the only big club with money where he'll start every game. Chelsea also need a young creative midfielder.

Valencia need to sell so I expect villa and/or silva to be on the move. Ribery will go to real madrid I expect and I wouldn't be surprised if man u make one signing - perhaps dzeko as a replacement for berbatov? Angel Di Maria's name has been popping up an awful lot but I really have no idea if he'll leave or where he'd end up!

Of course fabregas to barca rumours will persist and I think everyone agrees it's a matter of if, not when. Then there's the world cup. :) It will be interesting what other names the world cup brings attention to.

edit: i also think rafa will leave for juve which might add to the torres departure rumours.

Man of Honour
Just activity would be good, it's good to see fergie saying 1-2 signings compared to the past "the squad needs no improvements" :)

Indeed.

He wants to tweak the squad and does want 1-2 new people, which is very good news :p

Hopefully they will be class players. I'm hopeful.

its a world cup year, so there will be some expensive flops in the prem come late august!

Ha! Didn't think of this. Injury time goalscoring heroes will be going for millions :p

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Errr shouldn't that be the other way around? :D Granted I don't think it's this Summer, but surely in the future when he's tired of the only medals he's getting being 'Best Dressed' at the annual Arsenal charity ball.

lol. :) Yeah, I meant when, not if! I agree that it probably won't be this summer though.

Man of Honour
If we can get the wages sorted out I think (hope!) that aguero will come to chelsea this summer. He's definitely going to leave and we are probably the only big club with money where he'll start every game. Chelsea also need a young creative midfielder.

I'd love to see us get Aguero, he's just what this side needs.

Deco should be going & Ballack might join him, there isn't much more needed as we've got a strong squad with loads of good youngsters who should get a chance.
So apart from Aguero, all we really need next season is less injuries :)

Caporegime
What youngsters do you think should be getting chances Johnny? Kakuta is one I assume. Always curious to hear what youngsters other fans think will come through, not something I hear about outside of Carling Cup games.

Man of Honour
Yeah, Kakuta definitely.
Then there's Sturridge, Borini & Hutchinson, Bruma (awesome CB), Matic (MF), Van Aanholt (LB) plus plenty on loan & in the reserves.
The problem is blooding them, when you're in the thick of things at the end of a season it's too risky chucking a youngster in although they wouldn't have done much worse than the seniors recently.

Soldato
OP
What youngsters do you think should be getting chances Johnny? Kakuta is one I assume. Always curious to hear what youngsters other fans think will come through, not something I hear about outside of Carling Cup games.

Was speaking about this with one of the other coaches from our club this afternoon. He made a good point that Utd will not go out of their way to sign the marquee players who are over valued. So he would like to see some of the youngsters given a good run in the team next year like Gibson and Possebon

Soldato
Rumour today of Fulham signing John Carew, be very happy if that happens, i'd say that might mean either Elm or Nevland going (probably Elm). He's the sort of player we could do with in addition to our team, him/Zamora could be a good partnership.

Caporegime
Was speaking about this with one of the other coaches from our club this afternoon. He made a good point that Utd will not go out of their way to sign the marquee players who are over valued. So he would like to see some of the youngsters given a good run in the team next year like Gibson and Possebon

I'd love to see more of Possebon, he looked quite the talent when we saw him before the injury. Gibson...I don't know, unless he pulls a Fletcher I just can't see him being good enough at the basics, sure he has a hell of a strike but is that enough reason to play for United? His passing and tackling is nothing special and he takes a hell of a lot of shots to get those goals.

Soldato
The problem is blooding them, when you're in the thick of things at the end of a season it's too risky chucking a youngster in although they wouldn't have done much worse than the seniors recently.

totally agree and there is such a big step up even from the reserve league to the EPL, maybe because its either youngsters or those coming back from injury that even this barometer of someone's skill/worth isnt that much of an indicator let alone a player on loan in greece /spain /italy

I read a strange rumour that Vidic + £20m would get us Buffon earlier today - apart from that rating Buffon at over £40m (even for the best gk in the world thats way too much imo), I cant see it happening. Gibson certainly has wonder goals in his locker, but I totally agree with Sham his all round game isnt good enough, the rest of the team carry him just so he can have some wild shots at goal, Possebon and Kiko deserve to get in the squad for the start of the season but Utd desperately need an experienced playmaker/AM and another striker (with Berba going to Bayern Lev which was another rumour around today )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom