Problem With Connecting TV To Computer

Associate
I finished building my computer yesterday so today i installed windows 7 but the picture on my TV inst very good even thou im connecting through hdmi, also i connect my x box to the same TV through hdmi and i have no problems with that

Associate
have you set the desktop resolution correctly for your tv. If its only 720p then the resolution on the pc will only be 1366x768. The other thing to try is a different hdmi port. I have the same on my samsung that the side hdmi gives an awful pc picture, but the back port works amazing.

Soldato
What graphics card and driver version are you using. Also, what is your TV?

Als Joey2cool says, you should set the resolution to the native res of the monitor. Also, you will want to look for some scaling options to ensure than the picture isn't being chopped off.

Does your TV have a game mode?

Associate
hate to hijack, but whenever i try connecting to the TV (40" panasonic 1080. i think its p) through VGA (no hdmi cable :( ), it always insists on displaying the picture in 4:3 aspect, no matter what resolution i pick or setting i change on the TV. dont really like having two huge black bars either ide of the picture :(

Associate
OP
i guess its one of the unfortunate things about using a tv as its not really designed to be used as a pc monitor

Yh ano i fink im just goin to put up wif it untill i have enough money to get a monitor thanks for yur help thou

hate to hijack, but whenever i try connecting to the TV (40" panasonic 1080. i think its p) through VGA (no hdmi cable :( ), it always insists on displaying the picture in 4:3 aspect, no matter what resolution i pick or setting i change on the TV. dont really like having two huge black bars either ide of the picture :(

thingemajib(nice name btw) what graphics card do u have ?

Soldato
there is no 1366 x 768 the closest is 1360x768 and it looks worse like that

Ok, with the help of my flatmate (with a windows 7 / HD 4850 PC) I think I may have an answer for you:

- Download the most recent version of the Catalyst Drivers and Catalyst control centre if you don't already have them. I just used drivers v 10.3 from here (for 64 bit windows 7).

- Connect up TV via HDMI

- Open up Catalyst Control Centre (CCC), select the "Advanced" view

- Click on the "Graphics" menu at the top left, and select "Desktops and displays" from the pull-down menu.

- On the Desktops and Displays page, find the icon representing your TV at the bottom left. Right-click on it and selct "configure" from the options.

- Select the "Scaling Options" tab.

- Mess around with the slider until the picture looks good and entirely covers the screen but doesn't run off it.

(-) If that doesn't work - go to the HDTV tab next to it and try to pick one of the 720p or 1080i settings and see how it looks.

Hope that is of some help.

Back
Top Bottom