Recommend me a USB sound thingamabob...

Associate
Hey peeps

Made another post here a while ago about a PC that I cannot get to produce any sound, now that's a whole 'nother story but I reckon the PCI bus is knackered so that's why I can't get a soundblaster or onboard to work... since I've reinstalled and repaired Windows more than once now!

Anyways, I'm hoping a USB sound 'card' might just do the trick so can anyone recommend me one that is a) cheap, and b) not terrible?

Don't need anything spectacular it only has to drive some average desktop stereo speakers, handle music and game sound (no surround necessary).

Associate
OP
Thanks but it's way overspecced and not exactly cheap.

I'm not looking for a quality soundcard, i want stereo output of decent quality (no noticible hiss, crackles, pops etc).

I'm just trying to get some sound output back for a spare machine that recently suffered a HDD failure and has since refused to install either the onboard sound or Creative Soundblaster that used to work before...

I figure there's something wrong with the motherboard so I thought that a USB solution may work, now since I'm just testing a theory I don't wanna spend a lot of money. There are £10-ish USB soundcards that have had pretty inconsistant reviews but if anyone knows something in that kind of area that just does the job It'd be nice to hear back. Not saying that's my budget though! :)

Back
Top Bottom