~SSDFS folder help

Associate
Hey guys
I was copying some files from my 2nd HDD back to my C drive and the whole thing was interrupted by a 'hard disk full' message. Had a quick look inside C drive and found a folder called ~SSDFS 120gb in size. It contains zip type files called 000000A,000000B etc. Can't open them. Don't know where they came from & a Google search doesn't reveal much. Apparently created last week. Do you think it's safe to delete?

Soldato
First thought would be dump them all in a different location for a while, not deleting them, then if all is well and nothing screams "where r my fielz!", delete them.

However, after a quick Google (and like you say, not much help there) I'd say just get rid of them.

Also be sure to do a superduper scan for all kinds of nasty things.

Associate
OP
I'd say just get rid of them.

Sod it! that's just what I'm gonna go. and not just delete them either, DESTROY 'EM gutman method!

I think they may have been something releated to temp video/photoset downloads, the only thing I downloaded last week (when these SSDFS files were created) were some ahem Jenna Jameson bits & pieces.

Anyways, thanks for helping tibbsey

Soldato
The temp files are not removed by doing a system cleanup under properties>tools within your drive? It shifts a fair bit, might also be worthwhile deleting extra copies of system restore and just keeping the most recent one.

120GB seems like a very large amount of photo processing.

Back
Top Bottom