• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX 5870 - Do these scores look right to you?

Associate
Specs:

E8400 overclocked to 3.8ghz
XFX 5870
4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2

I had win7 X32 installed and ran 3dmark 06 and got ~18500 straight away when i got the card. I then installed the 64 bit and installed the latest catalyst from ati's website. Ran 3dmark 06 and had problems with it trying to run openal32.dll instead of the 64bit version so i googled it and inplemented the fix, 3dmark06 worked but gave me a score of ~14000. I ran the windows performance and the card got 7.8 with my cpu getting 6.9..memory getting 7.1..

i ran 3dmark vantage and the card got a score of ~17000..cpu score ~6800..

I've noticed in windows 7 ther is a performance feature..balanced, high performance..should i have this set to high performance all the time?

Also my fan is quite loud at a constant 55% even tho its only at 31degrees..is this normal unless you manually configure it to run at say 40% were its not as noticable..

Just hoping somebody with a little more knowledge than myself can tell me that theres nothing wrong with the card ha =], games seem fine, bioshock 2 even reaches 250fps most of the time at 1920*1200 resolution, and assassins creed 2 is around 35 - 60, if that is normal?

I'm not a great fan of the 3d settings in the CCC, as some of them dont have applications mode, and you have to set them manually, should i have them on performance or high quality, and would i notice a difference? I have tested this a bit and i didnt really notice a difference :o

Hope somebody can help me a little bit with this, thanks

Soldato
sounds about right my Asus 5870 (single) gets 17,400 in 3d vantage at stock

closing the ATI pannel should stop teh fan running at 55% mine used to do it. In fact i went into msconfig and uncheked it from starting up ;);)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom