Mass Effect 2 Question

sid

sid

Soldato
I'm playing the game so no spoilers please.

I'm getting seriously annoyed and bored with it tbh. The main story hasn't progressed at all much. All I'm doing is recruiting more members which is pointless cos I'm mainly just using the same 2 everytime anyways.

How the hell do I do the normal missions? Do I need to do something to trigger the main story line missions? I'm getting all the side missions like from my crew like find this, save that, blah blah...

Man of Honour
There isn't really a "main" storyline to it. The aim of the game is to gather a party together, make the most of their abilities and then do the final omega 4 mission. So take it slow and make the most of the side stuff, get the upgrades, etc. so your as ready as you can be for the final mission. Problem is the game is setting things up for the 3rd game so its mostly just introducing stuff :S

Soldato
Erm... recruiting *is* the main storyline. Didn't you read the box (or whatever)? It pretty much specifies you go around recruiting, doing side missions, gaining loyalty, with occasional story advancement missions, then an assault on the Collectors directly where you get screwed if you didn't bother to do all of the above.

sid

sid

Soldato
OP
sounds a bit "meh" then.

I didn't play the first one but this was one getting rave reviews and recommendations. Doesn't look like my kinda game then. will play a bit more though , I dunno how much more there is left to play though

sid

Man of Honour
First one was much better for an immersive storyline imo. Second one is a good continuation of the first - great if you just played ME1 for the first time, but as a starting point I'd consider it a bit meh.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Don't try to use the same people, I have not played the 2nd one yet I m going to play through the first one again, cos I lost my save game -_-

I say that cos the first one you had to make a decision, I m not sure if ME2 is like that, yet.

Do all the so called "side missions" I just explored the galaxy looking, and surveyed all the planets I could land on, wiping the geth from being smug etc till I got the armor/weapons and levelled up enough.

you might find ME2 a lot more enjoyable if you played the first one as you will have a understanding of tatics and all the stuff etc, need alone the story plot so far

Caporegime
First ones truly superb, second one is still good but its not in the same league as the first one, largely because its not like its the best gameplay in the world, it was a Bioware game so it had a truly superb and immersive story line, the second is very unlike Bioward for me as the gameplay was more than fine, but nothing to write home about, not as good as the first but the story was massively lacking compared to the first.

Basically the first has a main story line, and you pick up people for your team randomly along the way, the second just forgoes the main story line in reality and replaces it with the side task of gathering a team.

Hoping very much for a return to the 1st game in terms of story and scale for the 3rd game. If the 3rd is as rushed/basic/badly writen as the 2nd, it will still be good but not as good as it should be.

Permabanned
I'm so glad that I only discovered the first game just a few months before ME2 released. Love 'em! :D

Currently waiting on ME2 DLC / ME3. :)

That is all.

Associate
the best part about mass effect 2 was learning about all the characters and hearing their storys as the game progressed, im a huge mass effect fan though and love the whole universe bioware have created

Associate
You should have played the first one before this.
I do believe the first was more epic in terms of story although the second is just as good as the first, maybe slightly less so.

I've just started doing this again and you only have to recruit the main people, not do every side story.

My only hates about this game is the lack of RPG elements which i dont think it should have taken out, minus the pointless and awful money and weapon system in the first :p

Also i felt due to the multiple ending, some 'looked' half assed.
For example when i finished my first play through i never got the same epic feeling, i was just like ..oh.

Whilst the first was just like seeing a truly epic movie for the first time.

Soldato
first is better then the second for sure, i enjoyed the second but your right its literally just running around recruiting people, doing their loyalty missions to make sure they dont die, and then the final 2 missions with a bit of joker inbetween...job done. lol

but there still great games regardless.
they shouldnt of removed many of the rpg elements of the first but it seems to be the way their going

Back
Top Bottom