How to ask for more work? Currently "freelance".

Consigliere
Just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to word an e-mail. Currently, the company rings me up whenever - normally once every 2 weeks or so - to work a couple of days for them. I am finishing University soon and I would like a job...so is there a good way of phrasing an e-mail to say such a thing?

"I'd like to put myself forward to work more days..." <- Sounds a bit, dunno...

"My current situation means I am able to work longer hours with the aim to find a permanent contract" <- Maybe...seems quite forceful?

The company itself is quite relaxed when it comes to e-mailing but I want to make a good impression, naturally. :p

Soldato
Just tell them that you are finishing university and will have more time available and were wondering if they had more work for you to do?

Consigliere
OP
Mmm, I've just realised I don't have her e-mail anyways. Maybe it is a sign...and at least ringing is a bit more personal. Will do that now...eek... :o

Answer is..."I will certainly have more work especially now I know you have more free time". :)

So getting a ring back later.

/thread.

Soldato
As above really, I would ring them and ask for a time when to come in and have a chat.

Explain you are finishing uni soon and are wondering if there are any prospects of further employment within the company.

No harm asking and it seems quite polite/friendly to me.

Back
Top Bottom