No escaping the Speedies! ?

Soldato
What's the GPS for then?

Sounds like it would be pretty easy to fool though, no front plate and a deep sun strip for the win?

Soldato
OP
GPS on our cars...?
new cars come "to" be shipped with them?

But this made my teeth grind with anger, its a total pee take.

I often find myself thinking about the motorized reg plate thingies,
press of a button and REG gone. but, the amount of traffic cams about town now, they will soon pick you up with a reg. So i really don't think there is an escape, unless you take your full journey with no number plate.

OR,

Dont speed :S

Soldato
Not approved, yet.

It's just going to cause more issues. Once you realised you went through an average jobby you are going to be going less than the posted limit to average it out safely.

What a joke.

Someone's going to make a fortune from false number plates and Gordon Brown masks...

haha :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Another pointless waste of time that will do nothing for road safety. I expect the government (and much of the idiot public) to love it.

We really need constitutional protection against pointless political posturing...

Man of Honour
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8636654.stm

The number of accidents on roads next to Swindon's shrouded speed cameras is the same now as when they were active, according to council figures.

The five fixed cameras were covered in July last year after the Conservative-run borough council withdrew funding.

The council said it wanted to divert the money spent on cameras to alternative road safety measures.

Makes sense really, it's just a shame the other parties are retarded.

Swindon's Labour and Liberal Democrat councillors said they would turn the cameras back on if they had the chance.

Associate
Obligatory "why not just drive at or under the speed limit?" comment.

Because at the rate they're going will all be driving everywhere at 30mph!

They've dropped every national speed limit around here the 50mph, on most of the roads they've done this its a stupidly slow speed to be doing and there have been very few crashes, if any.

The government wont be happy untill we're all driving like grannies and no-one crashes, ever.

Soldato
There's a set of these on test already along the A13 from Blackwall all the way to Dagenham (and maybe further.) They all have "Average Speed Check under Test" signs on them so everyone is booting it anyway.

yup... they trying to reduce the very poor accident rate of that road, but catching speeders. But really is it speeding doing 40mph on a 3 lane dual carriageway?

the best way to reduce accident rates would be to stop middle (and 3rd) lane morons.

Caporegime
They'll be upping the limit to 50mph in the 40mph areas btw (so it'll be uniformly 50mph throughout). Haven't yet, but will be when/if the system goes live according to the announcement. :)

Tbh.. that road is quite dangerous anyway, just because of the poorly designed slip roads etc. and the boobs that drive really carelessly on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom