Which mobile broadband?

Associate
Hi,

I want to get a pay as you go mobile broadband dongle for use when I am out and about. I have ADSL at home so wouldn't use unless on the train or in a hotel etc

I would like to use with my netbook and also my ipad (grey import).

I want a great signal and obviously a good deal if possible. Which dongles are best to go for?

Thanks

Soldato
It depends where you are mostly going to use it and what network coverage is best.
I have t-Mobile 3g and cannot get any signal on Cross Country trains between Sheffield and Reading whereas I see people next to me using Vodafone and Orange quite happily.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
i have a 3 PAYG simcard in my laptop for mobile broadband and it's very reasonable, and i get signal pretty much everywhere.

bare in mind that i's highly unlikely that any simcard will work in your iTampon - they use Micro-Sims for one, and are almost certainly going to be totally locked down by apple.

Caporegime
Got T-Mobile and cant complain. Slow during the week, but literally hundreds of us here use the same one.

Go with the best coverage for the area though.

Soldato
I have a 3 mobile internet dongle. £15 a month for 5gb usage and 30 day contract.

I used it on a trip to cornwall (380 miles) and the signal only dropped out once over the moores.

It's my only internet connection at home and it serves well, stays connected for a month without disconnecting at all :) Speeds are fairly decent also, can get 280kb/s on downloads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom