• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Artifacting on stock settings

Associate
I just got one of those new asus 5850's and I'm getting black squares flashing on screen playing bad company at stock settings. I've even tried putting the volts upto 1.2 with stock speeds and still artifcating. Help me.

Associate
Sounds like you might have a a duffer. What card did you have before? If it was a V one did you remove the drivers before installing the ATI?

Associate
OP
It was a 9800gtx and I did remove the drivers.

No artifacting playing crysis warhead with the card set too 900 core 1.2 volts.

:confused:

Why would it artifact in one game and not another? No artifacting using furmark either.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Really confused now. I took the clocks down as low as they can go in smartdoctor.

550 core
750 mem

And not only did I still get artifacting but the game was running at exactly the same frame rates as when It was at 900 core. CCC and Afterburner both report it is running at the correct speeds. I have no idea whats going on.

Back
Top Bottom