whats your resting heart rate?

Associate
Back to ~60 now despite doing little exercise.

What kind of exercise? Inline skating I can sit ~160 (max without burning out rapidly) or 180+ and up to 190 pushing it.

In the past couple of weeks I got on my bike and after a few rides my heart rate doesn't go over 130 before my legs burn out.

That and my knee has started aching :( back to the skates me thinks!

Either sprinting (although its difficult to do it for long before I feel that I'm going to die - due to being overweight), running, jogging swimming, rowing (on a rower) at about 20-30 Reps a min on a medium setting.

JKD

JKD

Associate
53 for me whilst at work. Surprised me as even though I do a lot of cycling and gym every other day, I've still go a bit of a pork on around my gut.

Can't sem to shift the gut :(

Soldato
About 60bpm resting, gets up to about 180-190 when I am cycling flat out and try to keep it around 160-170 when exercising.

I'm 28, BMI of 24 and have been exercising fairly regularly for about 6 months, prior to that I wasn't doing much exercise at all. Have lost 8kg (aiming for another 4) and everyone has noticed that but personally I notice the difference in fitness levels much more, I just feel a lot healthier and happier :)

Soldato
around 60 here

im a endurance motocross racer (Enduro) though

cycle 25 miles a day and weight lift, im a fairly big guy tho, 14.5 stone and 6"1, about 10% body fat, really big bones, about a 38" chest and 32" waist :)e

Associate
I checked heart rate twice sitting at pc 76 and 72.

I once was in hospital and it was fluctuating setting off the alarm which caused more anxiety every time and it went even higher. It was fluctuating from 102 to 128 when i looked I think. took a few days to go down.

It think its really cool for those people who have it below 50 its like body overclocking but increasing efficiency too. If onley microchips were like that

Associate
50-54

Doc told me that under 60 is too slow and I need to get a heart monitor fitted for a day to see if there is a pattern. That was 4 months ago and I have heard nothing from the Doc since. I guess she thinks I'm dead now.

Seems below 60 is common here, so I'm not worried.

And Doc, if you are reading this I AM NOT DEAD YET!

Edit: reason I had a checkup was because I passed out and smashed my head open on the floor one Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom