Tyres for a Quattro

Associate
I'm getting an old Quattro back on the road after years of being in storage, and I need new tyres. Standard tyre size is 205/50 on a 15" rim (I'm not sure of width of rim).

I have a budget of about £80 per tyre in mind, but I'm flexible on budget if there is good reason to spend more.

Ideally, the characteristics I'm after are low rolling noise, and excellent dry/wet road-holding.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
Cant help you with the tyre question but you need to get some pics up :cool:
Is it an ur quattro? 10v or 20v? My old man had a 10v and a 20v back in the old days, immense cars, cant remember much as I was quite young at the time, but Ive got a soft spot for them.

Soldato
Cant help you with the tyre question but you need to get some pics up :cool:
Is it an ur quattro? 10v or 20v? My old man had a 10v and a 20v back in the old days, immense cars, cant remember much as I was quite young at the time, but Ive got a soft spot for them.

I too, have a soft spot and would enjoy some pics :D

Associate
OP
Gribs, ty for your suggestion, I'll look into that.

Panthro, Cookeh, alas it's not an Ur Quattro or turbo, it's a 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V. If that's still interesting to you, I will put up some pics with pleasure.

Has anyone got comment on Continental Premium Contact 2 tyres? (Kwikfit quoted price £350 including fitting etc. for set of 4)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom