Cameron re-releasing Avatar

Associate
Doesn't sound so surprising. Like it says in the article, cinemas were still sold out up until it had to end. Makes sense to cash in on it, surely?

Soldato
Great news. I hope a decent amount of cinemas pick this up, I'd certainly like to see it again but was annoyed that it got relegated to the smaller CIW screen in my local :(.

Hopefully it'll come back and be whacked straight back into screen 1 for me to enjoy in all its glory again.

Soldato
Well I still haven't managed to see the film so wouldn't mind if it comes back and we all know they will still make a pretty penny by releasing it in the summer.

Soldato
6 minutes of new footage? Is he putting a coherent plot in?

There is nothing incoherent about the plot, nothing original either but it's certainly not incoherent.

Will probably go and see this again in 3D, only ended up seeing it once before anyway.

The fact Imax was booked solid till they were forced by contracts to switch to Alice is proof enough that people still want to see it, no reason not to re-release it really.

Last edited:
Don
Wonder when the re-release will come out on blu ray..

I can miss this tbh, if it was something like Predator being re-released with extra footage, I'd be all over it!

Back
Top Bottom