Ebay question - how long would you wait?

Soldato
I know I could ask this on an ebay forum but I like this forum so prefer to post it here as I agree with the general consensus on issues here.

Anyway, onto my problem.
I sold a 20gb xbox hard drive on ebay and some guy won it for £16.16. The problem is that he won it on Sunday and I haven't heard a peep from him, no payment, nothing.
I sent him an invoice the same day and after hearing nothing I sent him another the next day accompanied with a message asking him if there was some problem that had delayed payment and could he let me know what was going on.
Still nothing, no messages, nada.
It's now day 3 and I'm wondering what the hell is going on with this guy. His feedback seems fine (only 20 feedback but no negatives).

So how long would you wait before filing an unpaid strike so that I can free it up to list again?

Associate
How long before the end of the auction did he bid ? If it was seconds to go there's no excuse but if it was a few days then maybe ( as above ) there's a problem at his end.

Soldato
OP
It was seconds to go, in fact he was a new bidder who came in right at the end. This is why I'm a bit peeved, whenever I win right at the last moment it's because I'm sat there bidding and I pay right away, I certainly wouldn't wait this long and not even send a message to put the sellers mind at ease.

Caporegime
It was seconds to go, in fact he was a new bidder who came in right at the end. This is why I'm a bit peeved, whenever I win right at the last moment it's because I'm sat there bidding and I pay right away, I certainly wouldn't wait this long and not even send a message to put the sellers mind at ease.

hm, in that case it seems a bit weird.

Associate
Message him though e-bay, via the item (contact buyer). I had a slow payer a couple of weeks back. couple of polite nudge's later and he payed up no problem.

Some people are just forgetful nothing more.

Soldato
OP
Hmm well I'll begrudgingly give it a week as you lot seem to think it's a fair amount of time, and then if he still hasn't paid I think ebay make me wait yet another week when an unpaid strike is filed :(
Fricking ebay, I only put it on there because I thought I'd make more money and I've actually made less than a CEX exchange rate AND I now have to wait days for the damn money - oh the irony!

Man of Honour
why didn't you put it on MM, much safer and works out more money. Ok you get less, but you don't have to pay fees, so end up with more and far less hassle.

Soldato
Its 4 days and 4 days on eBay. 4 days to pay before you can make an unpaid item dispute, and then 4 days after that you can close it.

I give buyers a week to pay, then send an unpaid item notification, then they have 7 days before I close the dispute.

Soldato
OP
why didn't you put it on MM, much safer and works out more money. Ok you get less, but you don't have to pay fees, so end up with more and far less hassle.

I know :( Stupid move, I just figured I'd get more on Ebay because it was only a 20gb xbox hdd so didn't really expect anyone here to want it.
I'll give him till the end of the week and take it from there.

Soldato
Go for seven days. Then burn his ass.

You never know your luck he might decide to pay via a PayPal eCheque. :D

I've got an outstanding sale of my own because of this. It's extremely annoying, especially when I wanted to clear all my junk, oh err... quality items out in one day.

Back
Top Bottom