GTA 4 1.060 patch...IT REALLY WORKS!

Soldato
Dare i say it....good work (at last) Rockstar! GTA IV is now playable for dual core owners!

hugely suprised by this!, just installed the latest patch and its made a world of difference, not to mention that it kindly mentions "GTA no longer needs rockstar social club to play, would you like to remove?" when you update :D

Link as requested :) - http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...IV-Patch.shtml

i was having to play on 1024x768 low/mid settings and scraping 25FPS before hand.....now see the results i just got :)

Statistics
Average FPS: 31.30
Duration: 37.25 sec
CPU Usage: 95%
System memory usage: 67%
Video memory usage: 98%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1440 x 900 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Shadow Quality: High
Reflection Resolution: High
Water Quality: Very High
Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x4
Night Shadows: Off
View Distance: 19
Detail Distance: 10

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4770
Video Driver version: 8.14.1.6099
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz

Last edited:
Soldato
Remember traffic density is most demanding, turn it down to 10 or less ( I used to play with it at 1 or 2 out of 100 with my E6420 ages ago)...

With a quad I haven't noticed much difference with v1.06 ( 3.2 ghz quad and gtx260)

Soldato
hugely suprised by this!, just installed the latest patch and its made a world of difference, not to mention that it kindly mentions "GTA no longer needs rockstar social club to play, would you like to remove?" when you update :D

Been waiting for that.
Can you confirm if I installed game I can play directly and no need to sign up to social club or windows for games rubbish?

Soldato
even with everything set to "utter cack" settings before this it ran like a bag of spanners so it must have done something

I have tried this a couple of days ago, at 800x600, everything at minimum, it runs at a solid 70-80 fps for me :p, but cpu usage was still 75-85 % at all times ( quad).

Can you confirm if I installed game I can play directly and no need to sign up to social club
Yes.
or windows for games rubbish?
No need to sign up, never has been, you can play using an offline GFWL account... GFWL itself is a part of the game and you won't get rid of that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Statistics
Average FPS: 39.19
Duration: 37.18 sec
CPU Usage: 96%
System memory usage: 63%
Video memory usage: 86%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (75 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Shadow Quality: Medium
Reflection Resolution: High
Water Quality: High
Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x4
Night Shadows: Off
View Distance: 100
Detail Distance: 13

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Video Driver version: 196.21
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Doesn't seem a lot different to me!

Soldato
To the OP I agree.
I would add it now looks great, no more the washed out look that left me disapointed when I first played it.
This game deserves a much higher standing.

Man of Honour
Would be useful to see people posting before and after results using the same settings (i.e. if you read this and are going to grab the patch, run of a benchmark first, cheers).

I've got an i5 now but I played this on an E4300 @ 3.15ghz, it totally maxed that cpu on the patch 1.02 or whatever it was.

Soldato
Game always worked fine for me :) May be something to do with my Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz and 8800GTX :) I'm not sure about the FPS difference with the new patch, but shadows are definitely much nicer.

Back
Top Bottom