2 x 2.1 speaker system?

Associate
Hi, I purchased some logitech S220 speakers a while ago, and was amazed at the great sound quality.
I now wouldn't mind upgrading to a better logitech speaker set. But instead I thought instead of making the existing ones obsolete, I would try and get two of them to work.
I have purchased one of these audio splitters from ebay and am then going to buy another set of Logitech S220 speakers.
However I am not sure about how the audio splitter would work. Would it separate the audio stream into left and right for both of the slots on the Y shaped plug. Or would it provide the same stereo output that I currently have with a direct connection to the motherboard with one speaker set (which I am hoping)?

Thanks, Jake :)

Associate
OP
awsome, that would be ideal. I would put two more speakers behind me on a shelf which would be almost like a 5.1 system, but not, just better for loud music :)
Thanks for the lightning reply!

Soldato
What is the motherboard you are using?

You may be able to connect the second set into one of the other 3.5mm audio plugs on the motherboard and get rear/side audio running through the speakers. If you could get this working you would effectively have a 4.2 arrangement.

Soldato
If you connect the 2nd set of speakers into either the Black (rear sound) or Gray (side sound) connections on the motherboard directly, then you should be able to activate 4.1 profile (4 speakers) and get surround sound in games and films. However, if you just want to play music (which is usally just stereo) then you may as well just do the splitter plan, so you can get loads of volume and have the music surrounding you.

Associate
OP
Thanks for highlighting that as I have never took much notice of what all those other connections do :)
I will try that out in counter strike, and some dvds and see how it goes. Might be a bit loud with gunfire in the background though. I'll try and use the realtek HD audio manager to configure it.
Thanks again, jake :)

Back
Top Bottom